Author Topic: New Production .44 Auto Mag Pistols Started Shipping  (Read 3886 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1085
New Production .44 Auto Mag Pistols Started Shipping
« on: December 14, 2020, 12:41:46 PM »
New production .44 Auto Mag pistols started shipping last month. Just 25 of them, to people who responded to their e-mails and said they wanted to buy an Auto Mag. They were available on a first-come, first-serve basis and weren't available to the public on the website. I turned down the chance to get one because they all had 8.5" barrels and I'd rather have a 6.5" barrel. They're selling more 8.5" barrel pistols now. If you want a 6.5" barrel pistol you can put yourself on the waiting list, or try to. It didn't work for me so I'll have to try a different browser. It kept telling me The verification word is incorrect. You didn't even have the option of being put on the waiting list before. And before they sold those 25 Pre-Sale Classic Editions they had the 6.5" Founder's Editions for sale but I didn't know anything about it until it was too late. They'll also be selling 6.5" and 8.5" uppers to switch with whatever you initially buy.

https://automag.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNK-iTwdbKc&feature=emb_logo
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Re: New Production .44 Auto Mag Pistols Started Shipping
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2020, 12:44:44 PM »
More pics.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2020, 12:46:00 PM »
More.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2020, 12:49:06 PM »
They have mags for old pistols and new ones.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2020, 12:51:35 PM »
Even more pics.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 11:42:45 PM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2020, 12:57:35 PM »
I found a used original Auto Mag at an auction that's been Mag-Na-Ported. I want a new gun gun like this and if I get it will probably have it Mag-Na-Ported too. I just downloaded some pics showing the porting. And a pic of one of the 25 Special Pre-Sale models they were selling.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 453
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2020, 01:41:55 PM »
Thanks for posting the update and pictures.

I remember drooling over the announcement in the magazines back in the day.  I didn't have enough money to rub two nickels together, much less by a gun.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2020, 03:34:35 PM »
You're welcome, Alf. Maybe someday I'll have pics of my own to post. A lot of those pics were resized down to less than 20%. There are some 5000+ pixel pictures on the site that will really make you drool. Heck, I was drooling so bad I had to flip over my keyboard and empty it before it shorted out. :P The last Auto Mag I saw IRL was at Williams Gun Sight several years ago. I don't remember if it was just priced too high or I was broke at the time. I'm thinking a little of both, but I think the new ones are a lot more. I have the money for one now but should spend it on other more important things, while the house is still standing. I just remembered I have car insurance and house insurance both due about the same time and already got one of the bills. Maybe I can't afford one now either.

tombogan03884

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2020, 08:54:31 PM »
If I was going to buy a Wildey, I would get a .475 Wildey Magnum rather than a .45 Winchester Magnum. The .475 caliber is halfway between .45 and .50 caliber, and has heavier bullets and more power than the .45 Win Mag. Charles Bronson's gun from the Death Wish 3 movie is a .475 Brushed Stainless Finish with a 10" barrel and gray rib. They're taking pre-orders for .44 Auto Mag Wildey Survivor pistols and barrel assemblies now too.

https://www.usafirearmscorp.com/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk