Author Topic: The great closet purge of 2021.  (Read 4148 times)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
The great closet purge of 2021.
« on: January 13, 2021, 03:46:20 PM »
Now that I no longer have to meet with people all the time or travel for work.  Its time to get rid of the insane amounts of business  clothing I have.  Just in the last 2 hours.  43 shirts, 9 pairs of slacks, 4 suits( that I will never wear again)  14 ties, 6 sweaters 5 belts and God knows how many pairs of socks. Most of which were bought last year and a few still have tags on them.    I admit I am keeping my shoes.

I think I will contact the local shelters and see if they need "interview" clothes.  Or maybe the local churchs to see if there are any young men just starting out that need them.  I would love to see them put to use, rather than just being dumped.  I refuse to give them to salvation army.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Timothy

Re: The great closet purge of 2021.
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2021, 04:26:46 PM »
Just a note about Salvation Army.

They’re one of only a few charities that give the majority of monies donated to worthy causes and don’t pay their staff exorbitant salaries!

But, it’s your stuff!  Do with it what you will!

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2021, 04:52:49 PM »
It's Goodwill that rips everyone off,They get their product for free, put a high resale price on it and keep all the proceeds, they picked the name "Goodwill" so people think they're donating to a charity. They are the lowest of scum as far as I'm concerned.
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2021, 04:54:18 PM »
Just a note about Salvation Army.

They’re one of only a few charities that give the majority of monies donated to worthy causes and don’t pay their staff exorbitant salaries!

But, it’s your stuff!  Do with it what you will!

Yep.

Local shelters and churches is usually our first line of giving also, then Salvation Army.
I'll never donate to Goodwill (it's the biggest ripoff in the charity industry).

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2021, 05:10:59 PM »
Trust me most charity's are very corrupt. Always check thier 990s.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 04:56:14 AM »

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2021, 01:10:38 AM »
Speaking on this subject, does any one sell stuff on ebay?   I was going thru some of the other boxs in the closet and realized I have a nunch of stuff that needs to go, but its actually worth money.  Does any one sell stuff on ebay?  Of so how do you like it?

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2021, 08:35:28 AM »
Check out the IRS 990's of Salvation Army!  Go ahead and do it!

Kenneth G Hodder, Commissioner, Highest paid member of the Salvation Army = less than $95,000 per year

As you go through ALL of the 990's for Salvation Army you will find regional leaders that make only $30K - $40K annually, and they will be the only paid positions within the regional leadership.  As you look at their financial statements and IRS filings you will find that the Salvation Army is among the most efficient charities.

As far as your business and business casual clothing TAB.  The Salvation Army will be among the best places for these clothing items.  Through their rehab programs these items will be of great benefit to men trying to return to or get into the working world.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Timothy

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2021, 08:49:16 AM »
You can also find consignment shops locally that will sell your stuff though they take a big chunk for themselves!

I’ve sold a bunch of stuff on my wife’s Facebook marketplace like bikes, furniture, guitars, etc., probably a few grand in the last six months.

tombogan03884

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2021, 08:57:51 AM »
Now that I no longer have to meet with people all the time or travel for work.  Its time to get rid of the insane amounts of business  clothing I have.  Just in the last 2 hours. 43 shirts, 9 pairs of slacks, 4 suits( that I will never wear again)  14 ties, 6 sweaters 5 belts and God knows how many pairs of socks.

Jeez TAB, You ever hear of laundromats ?    ;D

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2021, 12:00:41 PM »
Jeez TAB, You ever hear of laundromats ?    ;D
  yes,   I just did not have the time to do it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk