Author Topic: Cellphone terrors  (Read 4748 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 453
Re: Cellphone terrors
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2021, 10:52:47 AM »
I believe it was Ronald Reagan who said: "Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so."

Today we call it, "confirmation bias".   I have a friend who literally closes his eyes and tightens his whole boddy when I point out the WHO guidelines for viral infections states that masks are of negligible use.   I like him & don't want to risk a cardiological event, so I don't point out the Alachua Chronicle report or the recent UK study.   Might be too much for his system to handle.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2021, 03:53:23 PM »
I used to ask "How stupid can they get?"
I don't ask any more, I don't like the answers I've been getting.

Tom, it's not even the answers...  It's that so many of them take it as a challenge.

Crusader Rabbit
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2021, 08:18:08 PM »
Every time I think people can not get any dumber, some one proves me wrong.  The funny thing its almost always a highly educated  ( or at least they should be) person.

Got a phone call from my former foreman( he is the only person from the company I will talk too, retired seal, type a go getter, etc).  They are dealing with water damage now, where a doctor was trying to hang a heavy mirror using lag screws.   He hit a nail plate.  Instead of going" oh hard metal, I should go some place else"  he pull out a drill, drill a hole in the nail plate and screwed right into his bathroom  water line.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

tombogan03884

« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2021, 08:56:46 AM »
Tom, it's not even the answers...  It's that so many of them take it as a challenge.

Crusader Rabbit

That's exactly the answer I'm not liking .
I used to know this guy, circumstances had us hanging out for years.
Every time I have mentioned his name out loud he'd show up like the damned Candy man.
I don't say that name any more.
"How stupid can they get" has made that list.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk