Poll

Outside of ammo, do you think we're going to have more widespread shortages over the next several years and possibly beyond?

Yes.
4 (23.5%)
No.
0 (0%)
Yes and food shortages may begin to hit next year.
2 (11.8%)
Yes, food and a lot of other things will be short too.
11 (64.7%)
No.  All of this is temporary.
0 (0%)
No.  There are currently no shortages and there won't be any.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: S H O R T A G E S  (Read 10123 times)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Re: S H O R T A G E S
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2021, 03:25:17 PM »
People are stocking up on tp again lol.

I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

tombogan03884

« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2021, 09:43:36 PM »
People are stocking up on tp again lol.

That could mean anything from bad weather to nuclear war. 

Maybe they just know their own cooking.    ;D

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 573
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2021, 07:08:44 AM »
Walmart had food items missing from the shelves that lasted through Tuesday. If it wasn't for Christmas I'd begin to get concerned about not having the shelves stocked.

High profit items like chips and soda stay stocked.....
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2021, 01:33:51 PM »
Well as of today delta is completely  out of a kitchen facet 😁

I bought every one in the country from all of thier wholesalers.  I have 2 extra.   Something else to store in my garage that I already don't have room for.  I already have 18 pallets in there now.   I can't double stack them.  :-[

I should be storing them in the barn, but its an hour and 15 mins in the wrong direction. 

Its really sad that I am having to buy standard building materials  in bulk, simply because I may not be able to get them when I need them.  Luckily  cash flow is not an issue,but for most guys it would be.  My investors are very happy. They got thier 1st payment in thier Xmas cards. 3 months a head on payments.  Got some funny calls on that, one said his kid opened the card and he thought the check was a joke so he thru it away. ;D

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2021, 05:44:14 PM »
I saw a story a few days ago saying the FTC is investigating Amazon, Walmart and a few others over the "supply shortage" based price hiking.

Won't go anywhere...just like all the other investigations.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Sponsor

« Reply #35 on: Today at 07:15:47 AM »

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2021, 06:07:09 PM »
I saw a story a few days ago saying the FTC is investigating Amazon, Walmart and a few others over the "supply shortage" based price hiking.

I'm sure the investigation will go something like this: I need $1000000 in my re-election campaign fun, can you do that for me? Oh you can congratulations the investigation is closed

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 873
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2021, 06:24:55 PM »

Something that these "investigators" are going to need to communicate well to the public is there is a cost to this mess.  A few weeks ago 60 Minutes did a very good job of explaining some of what is happening.  One item brought up by an importer was his product that had made it to the LA ports, but he couldn't get them out.  The container is on the bottom of stacks and blocked in.  He is paying daily storage for the container that he can't retrieve.  This costs $$$$, and somebody is going to pay.

Another item is fuel.  Amazon is 100% delivery.  With a 45% fuel increase, at minimum, since last winter, how do you think that affects them.  TAB just stated how it hit him with the forms he gets out of Canada.

I'm not saying that there isn't some profit taking.  There had better be!  This past 21 months has been hard for businesses dealing with limited supplies and increased expenses.  Now it is time for authorities to give the people a lesson in economics, and that profit is not a dirty word.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 573
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2021, 07:13:21 PM »

Well, gee...more hand waving for votes when they really don't mean it (well, the Marxists do..).  Of course you hike prices during scarcity....duh.  The price of hay is up here because of the drought.  Those who don't want to ante' up are taking their stock to auction and so the supply comes back into balance.  Speaking of which...what they need to investigate is the difference in price between what a pound a beef goes for on the hoof and the price at the grocery store....well hell, they never look at that. 

The politicians always hand wave at the source.  Sort of like gasoline...nasty oil companies getting $1.50 a gallon for oil with about 35% of that going to the mineral owner and severance taxes and then it averages anywhere from 15 to 50 cents a barrel to produce it leaving whatever for future capital...but the guys in between are never investigated.  Want to investigate Walmart, et. al., how about when the price of oil or another commodity goes up and the goods price goes up but NEVER down when the commodity goes down...think motor oil, etc. 

Good move Tab.  You inflation protected everything you stocked up on.  We'll soon have Jimmy Carter plus levels of inflation so spending that dollar now when you can makes sense.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2021, 07:34:26 PM »
The government  makes the most out of any one on fuel.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 873
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2021, 09:00:14 PM »
The government  makes the most out of any one on fuel.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

You are exposing the Emperor's new clothes.  Al Gore pushed the plan of taking already high fuel taxes, and raise them higher and higher to first, raise move more money to the government, and second to change our habits by pricing our  things out of reach by the common man.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk