Author Topic: True battle rifle (Ishapore .308)  (Read 18615 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
Re: True battle rifle (Ishapore .308)
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2008, 08:14:47 PM »
Thanks Haz!

That will give me something to do during the game tomorrow night.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Ironhawk

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2009, 05:51:14 PM »
Good looking rifle Hazcat.  My wife bought me a 1917 S.M.L.E in .303 Brit for my B-day last year.  It's the same rifle that I'm shooting in my picture id thingy.  I'll have to post some better close ups when I get home from work and school tonight
“No free man shall ever be de-barred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain their right to keep and bear arms is as a last resort to protect themselves against tyranny in government."   - Thomas Jefferson -

Overload

• Lefty Expert
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2009, 01:38:30 AM »
So,
how does the Ishhy shoot?  I bought one a few months ago, and plan on steaming the cosmoline out.  I already cleaned the bolt with Simple Green, and it's real smooth now.

Any idea where I can find extra magazines?  Although, I read you're not supposed to remove it like you do with most magazine guns.

Overload in CO
We have seen the future: and it's expensive. -Michael Bane
Home of the Tickle Me Pamela Anderson. -Michael Bane
Weasels are the switchblade-carrying psychos of the animal world, the meanest creatures on the planet by aggression-level-to-body-weight ratio. -Marko Kloos

Overload in Colorado

tombogan03884

« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2009, 01:41:30 AM »

Ironhawk

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2009, 02:25:13 PM »
The Enfield Rifle was designed with a detachable 10rnd magazine, but the INTENDED method of reload is with stripper clips, loading the magazine from an open chamber.  Non of which I have  :'(  But they can be found on ebay, and some surplus sites will have 'em in once and a while. 
“No free man shall ever be de-barred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain their right to keep and bear arms is as a last resort to protect themselves against tyranny in government."   - Thomas Jefferson -

Sponsor

« Reply #45 on: Today at 01:37:04 AM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2009, 02:27:07 PM »
If you find surplus .303 British ammo it may come on  CLIPS  ;D

CJS3

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2009, 03:53:30 PM »
30-06 Springfield CLIPS will work with 308 in the Ishy. You can also get them with with M14 ammo repacks. Check out http://www.fredsm14stocks.com/Default.asp
Children, pets, and slaves are taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

Ironhawk

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2009, 10:50:21 AM »
The Stock isn't in the best of shape, but not bad for 90yrs of use and abuse

Overload

• Lefty Expert
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2009, 05:06:51 PM »
Any NATO 7.62 stripper clips will work with the Ishapore.  I have both 10 rounders and 5 round clips, and they both work fine.
We have seen the future: and it's expensive. -Michael Bane
Home of the Tickle Me Pamela Anderson. -Michael Bane
Weasels are the switchblade-carrying psychos of the animal world, the meanest creatures on the planet by aggression-level-to-body-weight ratio. -Marko Kloos

Overload in Colorado

tombogan03884

« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2009, 06:46:09 PM »
Any NATO 7.62 stripper clips will work with the Ishapore.  I have both 10 rounders and 5 round clips, and they both work fine.

Ironhawks is NOT an Ishy,  It's the BRITISH Enfield, probably .303 since it's a 1917 . .308 strippers will not work with the cartridges.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk