Author Topic: Ukraine vs. Russia  (Read 5538 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
Ukraine vs. Russia
« on: March 13, 2022, 01:17:41 PM »
The more I follow this over the days, the more I think of Red Dawn.

The movie came to mind the first day of the invasion, as citizens picked up guns, made improvised weapons, and as manufacturers are switching from merchandise to war products, I keep waiting for the movie credits to roll.  Now I read that a second mayor of a city has been captured by the Russians.

Throughout social media there are items floating about "nobody needs an AR-15 or AK-47."  The next photo is typically a young Ukrainian girl with an AK.  I have debated this with people, and they claim we still don't need them, because, even though it would never happen here, if we ever need them the government will hand them out.  How many here see our government ever agreeing within themselves to call citizens into action?
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
Re: Ukraine vs. Russia
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2022, 01:22:09 PM »
At least half the gub'mint lives in fear of the populace.  They might hand out flowers and peace signs, but guns?  Never.

Crusader Rabbit
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2022, 05:00:21 AM »
This isn't going as planned for Putin. He sent in his less experienced troops, and doesn't have the logistical support to keep them supplied. Tanks and trucks are running out of gas, and are being abandoned along the roadside. And soldiers are running out of food, ammunition, and supplies.

Not only that, but opposition inside Russia is growing, in spite of Russian citizens being jailed, and in some cases, outright killed. This isn't going to end well for Putin. All of the oligarchs that pretty much run the country, are having their bank accounts frozen. Their yachts seized. Along with their private jets either grounded, or else not allowed into any foreign airspace to land anywhere.

Putin doesn't have a friend in the world right now, and is basically finished as a leader. Even China isn't allowing any Russian currency to to pay for oil trades, to pass through their biggest bank in Singapore. Russia is basically shut completely out of ANY world commerce.

These oligarchs are nothing but state funded gangsters, who basically stole everything they have through dealings with Putin, by kicking cash back to him. Just like the Mafia here does.

They're not going to be happy with him if this crap continues..... And all indications are that it will, and even get worse. Someone at some point just might ventilate his cranium. He has everything to lose here, with all but nothing to gain. In short, he's an idiot. 

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1403
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2022, 09:45:07 AM »
This isn't going to end well for Putin. All of the oligarchs that pretty much run the country, are having their bank accounts frozen. Their yachts seized. Along with their private jets either grounded or else not allowed into any foreign airspace to land anywhere.

Putin doesn't have a friend in the world right now and is basically finished as a leader.

Maybe true but I still think that if things get worse for me he will escalate the war and if it gets to the point he knows he cannot win he, in my opinion, would use a nuke on Ukraine! I believe he thinks Biden is weak and will not retaliate so he could do this without much reprisal. This is wrong and I believe that if the U.S. did nothing some other nuke capable country would bomb him back. Ant that point, BOHICA.  IMHO!
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

tombogan03884

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2022, 02:00:09 PM »
This isn't going as planned for Putin. He sent in his less experienced troops, and doesn't have the logistical support to keep them supplied. Tanks and trucks are running out of gas, and are being abandoned along the roadside. And soldiers are running out of food, ammunition, and supplies.

Not only that, but opposition inside Russia is growing, in spite of Russian citizens being jailed, and in some cases, outright killed. This isn't going to end well for Putin. All of the oligarchs that pretty much run the country, are having their bank accounts frozen. Their yachts seized. Along with their private jets either grounded, or else not allowed into any foreign airspace to land anywhere.

Putin doesn't have a friend in the world right now, and is basically finished as a leader. Even China isn't allowing any Russian currency to to pay for oil trades, to pass through their biggest bank in Singapore. Russia is basically shut completely out of ANY world commerce.

These oligarchs are nothing but state funded gangsters, who basically stole everything they have through dealings with Putin, by kicking cash back to him. Just like the Mafia here does.

They're not going to be happy with him if this crap continues..... And all indications are that it will, and even get worse. Someone at some point just might ventilate his cranium. He has everything to lose here, with all but nothing to gain. In short, he's an idiot.

Can you even name 3 things Putin has done that don't involve this invasion of Ukraine ?
You're talking about a no-body "Colonel" who jumped over the heads of Generals and Marshal's to 1st, become the youngest ever head of KGB then head of the country .
Guy like that is probably a jump or 2 ahead of you .
Let's talk about Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin.
Who says he's a bad guy ?
The same media you've been calling lying SOB's for so many years ?
The same media who spent 4 years spewing anti Trump propaganda ?
We can't judge him by his friends.
He doesn't seem to have any.
But if we judge him by his enemies ...
Who hates Putin ?
The Democrats,
Canada,
France,
Germany,
The Pope
Celebrities,
Western media.
Actually, I'd be proud to have them all pissed at me.

The only hold up in the invasion is that "Planners" never account for things like feeding and resting the supply truck drivers so things progress slower than expected,
Tanks don't run on air, the invasion is proceeding at reasonable logistics speed.
Leading the invasion with crappy troops ?
It's called locating resistance with conscript cannon fodder you won't mind losing ( the Z formations)
Then follow up with better units, (the V formations) only where they can exploit advances.
That has been a thing since the Roman legions.

Expect them to pause about 20 Km from Kiev, artillery and rockets have a range of about 25 Km.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 04:42:30 AM »

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2022, 05:32:29 PM »
Can you name me one thing he's gained, compared to EVERYTHING he has lost? I used to think the guy was a smart player until he did this. He has totally destroyed any leverage or credibility he had, or might have had. Mafia Godfathers have more sense then this ass hat does. Even if he succeeds in taking Ukraine, (which he won't), what has he won?

His own people are quickly turning against him... Even at the threat of death. Guys like Putin are no different than these drug lords who get obsessed with their own wealth and infallibility. Putin will end up the same way. It's only a matter of time. And even that is against him.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/russians-are-about-ten-days-away-from-culminating-point-lt-gen-hodges

"The Russians, I think, are about ten days away from what is called the culminating point, when they just no longer have the ammunition nor the manpower to keep up their assault."

tombogan03884

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2022, 05:55:35 PM »
Secured access to the Black Sea,
Several nuke plants, most of the Soviet Nuclear plants were built in Ukraine.
A buffer between Russia and all 3 countries who have a history of invading Russia .
Enough ?

Bill, quit parroting CNN, it makes you look foolish.
I gotta say it, Bill, If you and Rastus were not such long time members I'd think you were bots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ozEZxOsanY

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2022, 03:40:53 AM »
You really need to get some fresh air Tom. This war is bogging down for Putin. The resupply lines he thought he could have established by now, are non existent. The Ukraine's are putting up a better fight than he thought they would or could.

They are going to do to Putin what the Mujahideen did to Gorbachev. Send them packing with their tail between their legs. It's only a matter of time. Time that Putin doesn't have, and his soldiers have even less of before they get hungry, and run out of fuel and ammo. The Ukraine's do not know the meaning of the word "surrender". The Russians soon will.

All of these nut case dictators like Putin and Saddam make the same mistake. They think their armies are as nuts as they are. The Ukrainian's are going to give Putin a guerrilla war that he'll never win.

And you can add the Russian people to the list of countries that hate him. Even they are turning against him. Over 6,000 have been arrested because they know this idiot is nuts, and is destroying the country. They're protesting against him all over Russia. This, in spite of his threats of arrest and imprisonment.   

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2022, 06:39:36 AM »
Bill, quit parroting CNN, it makes you look foolish.

You need to stop parroting Tucker Carlson...At least on this subject. He doesn't have a clue. And is only trying to appeal to the 5% far right wing fringe of his base.

He as well as Fox are quickly learning it was a stupid move.... Just like Putin's. The risk is far outweighing any, "reward".

tombogan03884

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2022, 08:53:08 AM »
You need to stop parroting Tucker Carlson...At least on this subject. He doesn't have a clue. And is only trying to appeal to the 5% far right wing fringe of his base.

He as well as Fox are quickly learning it was a stupid move.... Just like Putin's. The risk is far outweighing any, "reward".

You have nothing worthwhile to offer beyond ignorant BS.
You reply with this crap because you have no information you don't get from TV.

You still haven't answered my question about 3 things Putin has done other than this Ukraine invasion.
You don't have a clue and you're to pig headed to get one when it's handed to you free.
Go bitch about "inflation", and leave important issues to the people who know what they are talking about.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk