Author Topic: Everything i want...  (Read 3949 times)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 573
Re: Everything i want...
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2022, 05:38:09 PM »
$50 ground beef.  Yeah, that will be the end of McDonalds, etc.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 872
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2022, 09:03:59 PM »
We're going to start hearing more about less food in the coming months.  We've just about finished up 2021's harvest and 2022's isn't looking great.  No one should starve here in the US, but worldwide it may get very ugly soon. 

Food is a logistics issue this year....next year it's a supply issue.  Waiting on something that's not going to be there will be a shock.

Mike, how is the supply for the meat industry looking?

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/list-33-things-we-know-about-coming-food-shortages

So far things are good and looking good.  Poultry prices are still high.  Two years ago the long term pricing for boneless skinless breasts we were selling was $0.90 - $1.05.  We went as high as $3.50, but now we are back down to $1.89.  Labor is the biggest issue, and the poultry industry able to manipulate flock sizes quickly to adapt quickly.  Pork and beef are very close to their historical norms.  Biggest issue here again is labor.  Plants are struggling to keep staffing and flow moving smoothly.  Every Saturday we pick up a load of inside skirt that loads on Friday.  The driver goes in at 2 or 3 am, grabs the trailer and is back in Chicago by 1300.  This week he didn't leave the plant until 1730 on Saturday.  All due to labor shortage on the cutting line.

All this translates to there will be meat available on some level for anyone who wants it.  When COVID hit the plants went down, but those who can dress an animal themself or have access to someone who can bought meat on the hoof at bargain pricing.

Seriously though, take inventory of your land and skills.  Plant a Victory Garden.  Raise some chickens for meat and eggs.  If you have some acres plant dry edible beans, wheat, oats, #2 yellow corn, etc..  Goats!  Dairy goats are the most efficient dairy animal, they take minimal space, and their milk is tolerable for almost everyone. 

Remember, we no longer have a grain reserve, and we run out of our grains every year at harvest time.  The days of having one, two even three years of grain in reserve went away in the late 80's. The nation's food reserve is in your pantry and root cellar.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2022, 09:16:25 PM »
$50 ground beef.  Yeah, that will be the end of McDonalds, etc.

I don't see anything near this extreme happening.  Most grinds are made with trim product - Lean from sizing and cleaning up primal cuts, with close trim fat added for desired blend.  Grinds can be made with minimal labor, so when a plant has a major problem with workforce for cut and trim they can easily by-pass the meat to de-boning and grinding.

When labor is tight the more labor needed for a primal, the quicker it will be deleted from the supply chain.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2022, 01:33:45 AM »
I've been trying to get a double oven electric range for the last 2 years. It's no better now, than it was then. We've replaced every appliance in the house since we moved in 3 years ago. But still can't find a decent range.

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2022, 07:38:31 PM »
I think it’s going to get worse from here. Maybe not. But I think so. I base this on the shipments from China to the US And the fact that Amazon is scaling back. I believe the scaling back reflects the reduced exports of China into the US. They are doing that on purpose I’m sure.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 06:39:06 PM »

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2022, 07:47:31 AM »
...  the bow sight i want, is 5-7 months back ordered.  Went a head and put the deposit  down.  Hopefully I get it before next season
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1436
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2022, 08:12:13 AM »
I think it’s going to get worse from here. Maybe not. But I think so. I base this on the shipments from China to the US And the fact that Amazon is scaling back. I believe the scaling back reflects the reduced exports of China into the US. They are doing that on purpose I’m sure.

On one hand, I like the idea of importing LESS from China as we really need to become much more self-sufficient. On the other hand, I am not looking forward to the increased cost of everything on top of our ongoing inflation.

Hang on buttercup. The ride is going to get interesting!
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2022, 06:09:02 PM »
I like that idea as well.  Trump was developing new sources to replace Chinese made stuff....and then they took him out of the game. 

It is going to get bumpy and expensive...especially with the losers the swamp put in there to run things.  Guns and butter guys...you gotta have guns and butter.  With this bunch we're not going to have either.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2022, 06:38:21 PM »
I like that idea as well.  Trump was developing new sources to replace Chinese made stuff....and then they took him out of the game. 

It is going to get bumpy and expensive...especially with the losers the swamp put in there to run things.  Guns and butter guys...you gotta have guns and butter.  With this bunch we're not going to have either.

Notice that Joe is trying to continue the Trump "bring it home" move without making it look that way?

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 453
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2022, 11:02:47 AM »
I have an insider in the fast food biz.   He's warning of an upcoming shortage of turkey this fall.   Miss Kitty and I are going the ham route for Thanksgiving.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk