Author Topic: Russia's Staggering Losses In Ukraine  (Read 2756 times)

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
Russia's Staggering Losses In Ukraine
« on: September 18, 2022, 01:26:21 AM »
Russia has lost as many troops in the last 7 months of fighting in Ukraine, (almost 54,000), than we lost in 10 YEARS in Vietnam! Their equipment losses are even more staggering.

This war is going horribly wrong for Putin. It is devastating Russia both morally, as well as economically. They can't keep this up, and Putin knows it. Last week someone from his elite inner circle gave up his location. They hit his limousine, and damaged it.

Ukraine is now taking back captured Russian territory with the advanced weapons they're receiving from us and other countries. The Javelin Missiles are proving to be devastating to their tanks and armored personnel carriers.

The people of Russia are turning against him, and he is on borrowed time. It's only a matter of time before they get him. He has cost the politically powerful Russian oligarchs there billions of dollars in seized property and currency worldwide. They are NOT happy with him.... And remember, they are the ones who put him in, and keep him in power.   

https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-ato/3571795-russias-military-death-toll-in-ukraine-rises-to-53850.html

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 81
Re: Russia's Staggering Losses In Ukraine
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2022, 12:40:50 PM »
Russia has lost as many troops in the last 7 months of fighting in Ukraine, (almost 54,000), than we lost in 10 YEARS in Vietnam! Their equipment losses are even more staggering.

This war is going horribly wrong for Putin. It is devastating Russia both morally, as well as economically. They can't keep this up, and Putin knows it. Last week someone from his elite inner circle gave up his location. They hit his limousine, and damaged it.

Ukraine is now taking back captured Russian territory with the advanced weapons they're receiving from us and other countries. The Javelin Missiles are proving to be devastating to their tanks and armored personnel carriers.

The people of Russia are turning against him, and he is on borrowed time. It's only a matter of time before they get him. He has cost the politically powerful Russian oligarchs there billions of dollars in seized property and currency worldwide. They are NOT happy with him.... And remember, they are the ones who put him in, and keep him in power.   

https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-ato/3571795-russias-military-death-toll-in-ukraine-rises-to-53850.html

Who they? Source?

The cited source is Ukrainian, not trustworthy as they have a serious axe to grind in this, may just be propaganda.

OTOH, Russia is buying materiel from North Korea, stuff they sent the Koreans back in the Soviet days. The losses in men and materiel are high, though. It's tough watching the MSM because they show old, burned out and rusty equipment while crowing over  the materiel seized by the Ukrainians after it was abandoned by the Russkies. Can't trust the MSM at all.

Also, the recent cozying up between Putin and Xi is disturbing for a whole lot of reasons. Two in particular are the fact that Russia now has an outlet for oil sales (China), and China now has a target for its goods (Russia) that have been tied up due to Xi's insane zero-covid lockdown policy as well as diminished demand from the West. If you look at the marine traffic maps, China has hundreds (if not thousands) of ships anchored at sea, dormant, with no crews. They've been moved into harbors and bays of late due to the pending typhoon, but in a couple weeks they will be towed back out and anchored again. No demand for them.

Lots of cargo flights, though, from China to the States. Probably real necessities that are now much more expensive because air freight is more expensive than boat.

Boat traffic in China IS flowing northward, though. To Beijing's harbor area and beyond.

Another issue with the Ruskkies is that they have Europe over a barrel. Come winter NATO may well be an organization in name only.

I follow Forward Observer and Monkeywerx to get a better picture of stuff the MSM won't even hint at.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2022, 07:32:05 PM »
Trump's Javelin missile sale saved them until the Ukrainians help arrived.  We've lost a couple of special forces advisors over there as carried in the news.  If not for those Javelin's the war would have been in Russia's favor and would likely be over now.

However that stymied them along with a few other weapons.  The news coming out is that we are the ones telling the Ukrainians what to do and when to do it using our intelligence and our weapons.  I think had we not gotten involved so quickly and because of Trump's 700+ Javelin missiles that Ukraine would be lost.  It was looking like a rout at the beginning.  HIMARs system has made a huge difference in striking command and control coupled with intelligence that identified HQ's and Russian military leadership. 

It's also not over yet.  I've heard a lot of people complaining about our munitions getting used up but who would we have used them on?  Maybe they are getting used up but someone else is doing the job and our guys are able to, mostly, sit this one out. 

It will be interesting to see what gives with Putin's coming announcement. 

I doubt Russia will escalate until winter when Europe is freezing and needing Russian's natural gas.  However, without Ukrainian food Europe will begin to starve.  I was amazed at how quickly help flowed into the Ukraine not knowing they supply so much food to Europe...I bet had that not been the case the action would be over now. 

But, if Putin does escalate in a manner other than just a swelling of numbers of warm bodies and bullets then thing may get really unstable very quickly.

Trump tried to tell Europe...but they did not listen.  I really enjoy looking at the German diplomats in the UN laughing and ridiculing Trump when he was warning everyone of reliance on Russian natural gas and oil.  Like a contract or piece of paper really means something to a sovereign nation.  Who is laughing now bitch?
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 81
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 04:33:17 AM »

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1036
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2022, 01:27:15 AM »
Trump's Javelin missile sale saved them until the Ukrainians help arrived.  We've lost a couple of special forces advisors over there as carried in the news.  If not for those Javelin's the war would have been in Russia's favor and would likely be over now.

However that stymied them along with a few other weapons.  The news coming out is that we are the ones telling the Ukrainians what to do and when to do it using our intelligence and our weapons.  I think had we not gotten involved so quickly and because of Trump's 700+ Javelin missiles that Ukraine would be lost.  It was looking like a rout at the beginning.  HIMARs system has made a huge difference in striking command and control coupled with intelligence that identified HQ's and Russian military leadership. 

It's also not over yet.  I've heard a lot of people complaining about our munitions getting used up but who would we have used them on?  Maybe they are getting used up but someone else is doing the job and our guys are able to, mostly, sit this one out. 

It will be interesting to see what gives with Putin's coming announcement. 

I doubt Russia will escalate until winter when Europe is freezing and needing Russian's natural gas.  However, without Ukrainian food Europe will begin to starve.  I was amazed at how quickly help flowed into the Ukraine not knowing they supply so much food to Europe...I bet had that not been the case the action would be over now. 

But, if Putin does escalate in a manner other than just a swelling of numbers of warm bodies and bullets then thing may get really unstable very quickly.

Trump tried to tell Europe...but they did not listen.  I really enjoy looking at the German diplomats in the UN laughing and ridiculing Trump when he was warning everyone of reliance on Russian natural gas and oil.  Like a contract or piece of paper really means something to a sovereign nation.  Who is laughing now bitch?

It was easy for our guys to intercept Russian intelligence when they were communicating by cell phone and old unsecured radios. The money for new comms went the same place as the rest of the military budget. I don't remember the numbers but I think it was something like 4 billion went to the military over a certain period, while 3 billion went to Putin's buddies who all bought mega yachts. I saw the prices on some of them and the cheapest I saw had a 9-digit price-tag. That's why Russian soldiers have cardboard body armor, reactive armor on tanks is filled with egg cartons, plastic explosives are blocks of wood wrapped in paper, and a whole slew of other problems. They even had to start using Mosin-Nagants because they didn't have enough AKs, etc. They've been begging other countries for uniforms, and they set up a "go fund me" type of page to buy basic necessities. I saw a video of one Russian soldier wrapping his foot with a piece of cloth because he didn't even have a pair of socks. They thought everyone in the world would just roll over because they have nuclear weapons. They thought actually going to war was never going to happen, so why spend money on all that materiel, uniforms, and training their pilots, etc.? Putin believed his people when they told him everything was going as it should. He should know better than that in Russian politics. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes, Pootin'.

Russia went from being the second most powerful military in the world, to being the second most powerful military in Ukraine.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2022, 01:37:11 AM »

Russia went from being the second most powerful military in the world, to being the second most powerful military in Ukraine.

Isn't that the truth! People are now saying Putin is already planning an exit strategy to live in Venezuela, should he lose the war in Ukraine..... Which is looking to be an all but certainty. The only question is, how many troops is he willing to lose before he calls it quits.

This will go down in history as the best example of how NOT to fight a war.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1036
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2022, 05:45:23 PM »
Today's update of the situation in Ukraine. It looks like the Russian supply line through Crimea is getting shut down. They're running out of ways to get anything to Ukraine, or to get back out. Does the term "kill box" ring any bells? When there's nowhere else for the Russians to run to, ambush them, and close in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd3NPRtM-g0
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk