Author Topic: Episode 1: Safe at Home  (Read 50750 times)

Rob Pincus

• CO-HOST ON BEST DEFENSE
  • Top Forum Member
    • I.C.E. Training Company
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Episode 1: Safe at Home
« on: December 27, 2008, 05:59:42 PM »
The Best Defense: Episode I: Safe At Home

If there is one place you should feel safe, it is your own home. Home is where we are most comfortable. But one of the most terrifying
thoughts all of us has is the chance that someone would break into ourhome. Best Defense host Michael Bane introduces our new series with thequestion "what would you do if your home was broken into?" Co-hosts and defense experts Mike Janich and Rob Pincus demonstrate the basics of what to do to make your home more secure, as well as planning to defend yourself within your home.

Michael Janich goes over some fundamentals of preparation of defense in your own home, especially in the context of potential home invasions and I hang out at the USSA Range in Tulsa with Phil Strader to go over the most fundamental aspects of defensive shooting.

-RJP

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
Re: Episode 1: Safe at Home
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2008, 09:31:29 PM »
Probably the most important part of THE BEST DEFENSE are you guys. Our greatest hope is that TBD becomes a community rather than a show, and we all benefit. Our plan is to build on what we do season after season.

To me, there's nothing scarier than the concept of home invasion or even a "hot" burglary. It's something that I as a "public person" have agonized over, and many of those thoughts are in episode 1 of TBD. The show has been from day one a collaboration between the three of us and our director...Neither Rob nor Mike nor I are shrinking violets — there's a shock! — but I think we're all very much on the same page philosophically.

WE WANT YOUR COMMENTS! I know you guys (and guy-ettes) aren't a bit shy, and that's going to be part of the process for making TBD the best personal defense show ever.

So thank you, and we look forward to your comments!

Michael B
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

cookie62

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2008, 10:03:54 PM »
Can't wait, already set my dvr
A bird in the hand is worth..Well, about a box of shells!
Yes, I'm bitter and cling to guns and religion..

Blank

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2008, 02:36:44 AM »
Hi all,

I have been watching Rob's NRA series on DVD this year.

Can't wait for Episode one of The Best Defense!
I am sure I will learn something. I can use to save my life one day.

My wife watched the promo video with me a few weeks ago.
When the video stopped.
All she could say was, "G's, I am glad we have guns in our house."

I am sure she be watching The Best Defense along with me...

Standing by,

Blank

Joe 90

• Forum Member
  • “Predictable is preventable.” Gordon Graham
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2008, 02:38:28 AM »
Sadly, Comcast does not carry The Outdoor Channel.

Will the video be available here to view?

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 01:03:33 PM »

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2008, 05:46:04 AM »
I have been broken into twice...apartment once and house once.  I wasn't home either time but I remember well the feelings.  I can't imagine a hot break-in now that I'm married an dshe isn't comfortable with me having guns stashed.

Richard

PS:  I have a surprise waiting for them anyway!
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

Michael Janich

• CO-HOST ON BEST DEFENSE
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2008, 11:17:50 AM »
I am very excited to be part of The Best Defense and to have the opportunity to share insights on different topics that are of concern to all of us. The organization of the first season builds logically from home defense through awareness and street skills all the way to staying safe in the back country. Along the way, Rob, Mike Bane, and I have had the chance to share a lot of information that we are confident viewers will enjoy.

I'm very glad to be here and look forward to discussing the show and relevant topics with folks on the forum.

Wishing everyone a very Happy New Year!

Stay safe,

Mike

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2008, 11:21:20 AM »

Hey! There he is!  :)

Glad you could join us here on the forum.... Welcome aboard, and we all look forward to hearing your insight on our discussions.
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

Fatman

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2008, 11:26:43 AM »
Sadly, OC is not offered w/ my cable package.
Anti: I think some of you gentleman would choose to apply a gun shaped remedy to any problem or potential problem that presented itself? Your reverance (sic) for firearms is maintained with an almost religious zeal. The mind boggles! it really does...

Me: Naw, we just apply a gun-shaped remedy to those extreme life threatening situations that call for it. All the less urgent problems we're willing to discuss.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2008, 01:30:11 PM »
I especially await the first episode on home invasions. Home invasion was a growing concern for many in my general area a while back and although it died down for a while, it may be on the rise again with the economy the way it is.
Two instances in particular that occurred in my town come to my mind since we are on this subject.
One involves invasion of several different homes by one crew of four people. Six people were brutally murdered in several homes located around my county during these invasions. The perps were caught, and the murder trials are ongoing (one was just sentences to life without parole last week), but that does little to help the poor folks who bore the brunt of the invasions at the time.
The other involved four armed invaders breaking in on a group of friends playing cards on a weekend evening (perps were not caught) and a large sum of money and valuables were stolen. Thankfully no one was hurt in this instance.

Home invasion, and protection from such, is heavily in my defensive thought process and I am glad you will be bringing this topic to bear.

Thanks,

PegLeg
 8)
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk