Author Topic: Smoke'em if ya got'em...ammo availability  (Read 128193 times)

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 81
Re: Smoke'em if ya got'em...ammo availability
« Reply #360 on: November 24, 2020, 02:45:10 PM »
Just found a place where they had .300BLK allegedly in stock. 150gr, wait-list for the 220gr I wanted.

https://www.gorillaammo.com/

I asked at one of the local gunshops and they said they shoot it (former Marine) so I ordered a bucket - 175 rounds for $250 including shipping. Not great, but better than the $50.00 for a box of 20 of Rem green/white box I saw at the same gunshop.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #361 on: November 24, 2020, 05:18:18 PM »
During the last primer shortage I bought a brick of Fiochi Small pistol primers,They came 1500 in a brick which priced them about $27.00/1000 compared to the $38.00/1000 for Federal,Winchester I normally use. They all went bang and seated smoothly on the brass.I would definitely buy them again if I found them.
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #362 on: November 25, 2020, 02:54:55 AM »
During the last primer shortage I bought a brick of Fiochi Small pistol primers,They came 1500 in a brick which priced them about $27.00/1000 compared to the $38.00/1000 for Federal,Winchester I normally use. They all went bang and seated smoothly on the brass.I would definitely buy them again if I found them.

Same here. I've had very good luck with Fiocchi ammo and primers over the years. The only Wolf I shoot is 7.62 X 39 MM out of my AK's. And they all run good on it. Wolf primers tend to be a bit on the hard side. They'll fire fine in AK's, but I've seen them cause misfires in Mini-14's chambered in 7.62 X 39 MM.

tombogan03884

« Reply #363 on: November 25, 2020, 08:03:30 AM »
Local Range uses Fiochi, never had any trouble.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #364 on: November 26, 2020, 02:18:47 AM »
Just found a place where they had .300BLK allegedly in stock. 150gr, wait-list for the 220gr I wanted.

https://www.gorillaammo.com/

I asked at one of the local gunshops and they said they shoot it (former Marine) so I ordered a bucket - 175 rounds for $250 including shipping. Not great, but better than the $50.00 for a box of 20 of Rem green/white box I saw at the same gunshop.

I've heard of Gorilla Ammo but know even less about them than I do Detroit Ammo, which isn't a lot. Detroit Ammo Co. calls themselves Your Source for Custom Ammunition from American Manufacturers and says they have ammo in stock. They have 12.7x42mm, the generic equivalent of .50 Beowulf, 85gr Lehigh Xtreme Cavitator ammo for .30 Carbine, and some reloading components including the 176gr Lehigh subsonic .308 Controlled Fracturing bullet, among other things. These are both unusual looking bullets, but what do you expect from Lehigh? Some ammo is on sale including .500 S&W Magnum shotshells loaded with 300 grains of #12 shot. I've used .22 LR and .22 WMR with #12 shot but never seen it in such a large caliber. CCI usually loads #9 shot in other calibers but also sells light loads of #4 in some of them. BTW, in case you didn't already know it, #13 shot is also called dust, and #12 isn't much bigger.

https://detroitammoco.com/

I got an email from TacPlaceLLC that says save $10 off each case of ammo until the end of the day Friday November 27th. Use code 10OFFTURKEY. I don't think I ever heard of them, but if they have cases of ammo and they're $10 off, it's worth looking into. They say, "If something is sold out, or you don't see what you want. Please come back tomorrow, as we upload new ammo daily. We offer fast and affordable shipping, as well as special deals for signing up for our ammo club email!" All I see right now is Barnaul from Russia in a half-dozen calibers, with polymer-coated steel cases and non-corrosive Berdan primers. 123gr 7.62X39mm FMJ is $210/500, 115 grain 9mm FMJ is $285/500, and 62-Grain .223 Remington JSP is $350/500rds. They have 145gr .300 Blackout FMJ at a price I wouldn't want to pay, and the cheapest ammo is 60 Grain 5.45x39mm.

https://www.shootammo.com/
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Sponsor

« Reply #365 on: Today at 05:41:04 AM »

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #365 on: November 26, 2020, 05:10:37 AM »
I think all of the specialty and gimmick ammo companies will always have ammo in stock. Because the cost of some of this stuff is off the chart. And their uses are extremely limited. And a lot of it won't run in semi autos very well. It is the high volume ammunition that is, and will continue to be hard to get, or else all but non existent for a long time to come.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #366 on: November 26, 2020, 06:41:57 AM »
All of the Barnaul ammo should run in the semi-autos and full autos it was made for. Give it until next August and we should see more of the regular ammo on the shelves too, but the price won't be close to what it was before.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Timothy

« Reply #367 on: December 06, 2020, 03:36:15 PM »
Just left the BPS here in Foxboro and I have only two words on ammo and gun availability!

Bup kis!

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #368 on: December 23, 2020, 11:58:43 AM »
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #369 on: December 24, 2020, 08:28:37 PM »
Fiocchi Shooting Dynamics Rifle 223A $39.99    https://www.mysmokinguns.com/products/ammo-fiocchi-223a-762344704968-3449

Frontier Cartridge FR200   Email for price.   https://www.mysmokinguns.com/products/ammo-hornady-fr200-090255711394-3449

They say they had Winchester Repeating Arms USA556L1. Loose ammo packaged in 100 round packages $0.60 CPR yesterday but are out now. 
https://www.mysmokinguns.com/products/ammo-winchester-repeating-arms-usa556l1-020892225008-3449?ct=t(GunsNAmmo-Oct17_COPY_02)&mc_cid=73cfabb1ed&mc_eid=8ce452b608

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk