Author Topic: Smoke'em if ya got'em...ammo availability  (Read 128182 times)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Re: Smoke'em if ya got'em...ammo availability
« Reply #390 on: January 27, 2021, 01:07:54 PM »
Its sad when the price of the ammo exceeds the price of the mag by double.  Thats what it is with 223/556 and pmags right now.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

tombogan03884

« Reply #391 on: January 27, 2021, 02:40:45 PM »
Its sad when the price of the ammo exceeds the price of the mag by double.  Thats what it is with 223/556 and pmags right now.

Hell, Rastus's .22 LR cost more than a couple of the guns.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #392 on: January 27, 2021, 06:35:04 PM »
Yeah...I paid like $350-375 for 10k rounds of 22LR back in Dec. 2019.  I'll sell it for $20k...heck, I'll go $15k for 10,000 rounds.  For $17.5k I'll drive over and deliver it where it's legal.  It's still in the boxes of 5,000.  I need to pay for a new heating and cooling unit and some tile in the new place.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

tombogan03884

« Reply #393 on: January 27, 2021, 07:19:59 PM »
Buy precious metals they said,
They can only go up they said,
Then they F'ed  it all up by going with Gold and Silver instead of Lead, Brass and Aluminum   ;D

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #394 on: January 27, 2021, 07:27:32 PM »
Got a notice form a local area shop today saying they got two pallets of steel-cased Tula in .223 and 7.62x39.
The .223 is $10 a box (.50 cents per round) with a five box per customer limit and the 7.62 stuff is $20 per 40rd box with a two box per customer limit.

The shop is about forty miles away in the middle of a little crossroads town and a couple weeks ago someone posted a video showing folks lined up nearly a 1/8 mile down the street because only five people at a time can go in (three hour wait to get in). No way in hades my back would ever hold up that long.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Sponsor

« Reply #395 on: Today at 02:50:04 AM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #395 on: January 27, 2021, 07:42:59 PM »
Got a notice form a local area shop today saying they got two pallets of steel-cased Tula in .223 and 7.62x39.
The .223 is $10 a box (.50 cents per round) with a five box per customer limit and the 7.62 stuff is $20 per 40rd box with a two box per customer limit.

The shop is about forty miles away in the middle of a little crossroads town and a couple weeks ago someone posted a video showing folks lined up nearly a 1/8 mile down the street because only five people at a time can go in (three hour wait to get in). No way in hades my back would ever hold up that long.

Call them up.
They may be able to do something.
Delivery, skip the line, something.
If you get to skip the line you might not want your prosthesis, jumped conclusions and all.   ;D

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #396 on: January 28, 2021, 12:11:43 PM »
Call them up.
They may be able to do something.
Delivery, skip the line, something.
If you get to skip the line you might not want your prosthesis, jumped conclusions and all.   ;D

They are such a small family shop and so busy that actually getting through by phone is nothing short of miraculous.

Your last line made me think of this guy....funny I just saw it yesterday.  ;D ;D
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #397 on: January 28, 2021, 12:47:34 PM »
They are such a small family shop and so busy that actually getting through by phone is nothing short of miraculous.

Your last line made me think of this guy....funny I just saw it yesterday.  ;D ;D

Speaking  of that. My mom gets hers today at 1.   She had 2 prototypes.   The guy that built it has come to her house 4 times  now.   It cracks me up, he says your insurance/ Medicare  pays for X, but we know they don't last that long so hers x+ 1 or 2.

Like suspesion sleeves. They pay before 2.  He said most people get 3-6 months with them.  Here is 4, if you need a 5th just call.  We don't ever want some one to not have something.   The misses use to work at shriners sacramento.  Turns out she knows the guy, he  made all the really exotic  stuff for the kids there. 

I have no complaints

tombogan03884

« Reply #398 on: January 28, 2021, 10:43:26 PM »
Speaking  of that. My mom gets hers today at 1.   She had 2 prototypes.   The guy that built it has come to her house 4 times  now.   It cracks me up, he says your insurance/ Medicare  pays for X, but we know they don't last that long so hers x+ 1 or 2.

Like suspesion sleeves. They pay before 2.  He said most people get 3-6 months with them.  Here is 4, if you need a 5th just call.  We don't ever want some one to not have something.   The misses use to work at shriners sacramento.  Turns out she knows the guy, he  made all the really exotic  stuff for the kids there. 

I have no complaints

Wicked glad to hear that.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #399 on: January 29, 2021, 12:38:43 PM »
Wicked glad to hear that.

Its funny how  small the world is some times.  She did not remember  the name until she saw his face.  I talked to him on the phone a bit and he remembered  the misses.  Kind of hard not too.  Not too many tall redheads that are docs ;D

Some days I wonder why the hell she said yes.  It certainly wasn't for my looks, money or personality.  I am ugly, was in the hole almost 1 mill when we met and I am a jerk.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk