Author Topic: Smoke'em if ya got'em...ammo availability  (Read 128190 times)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
Re: Smoke'em if ya got'em...ammo availability
« Reply #410 on: February 26, 2021, 07:12:34 PM »
Powder Valley had some projectiles for reloading yesterday and some shotgun powder. When they do have reloading stuff, it is usually at regular prices like Winchester powder for $24 per pound. I ordered some .308 Sierra Gameking bullets for $30 per hundred which is not much more than the last time I ordered. Stuff like Berger bullets are high, but they were high before.
They actually had some 9mm FMJ which is rare as hens teeth....ONLY $46 per 50 rds.

By the time I get email notifications the supply is gone.
I read on the Brownells FB group page where people are actually using Apps/Bots to auto order as soon as notifications are out from suppliers.

My son was in the local walmart one morning after getting off duty just checking on ammo a while back. They had got a shipment in the night before and one guy was in there buying it ALL....as in two shopping buggies full. My son was like, "Hey, all I want is a box or two of .30-06" and the guy wouldn't come off any. My son asked the manager how the guy just happened to know they had all that ammo and how much he was making off the deal for letting him know....and what about walmart having a 2 box limit per purchase etc. The manager persuaded the guy to let go of a couple boxes.
I calculate they were in on it to gouge on the net for some of it.

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

tombogan03884

« Reply #411 on: February 26, 2021, 07:48:50 PM »
Only thing you can do is log into your ammo search engine of choice and instantly buy the first deal at the top of the list, it's going to be the most recent.    :(

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
« Reply #412 on: February 27, 2021, 09:55:40 AM »
LGS is getting one pallet a month now from the mid-east.  Iguana. Igna? Something or nother. 60 cents a round no limit.  I won't buy it but I encourage everybody else to.  I also don't do Privi party or Tula bankhead stuff either.  I'll wait for the USA brands.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #413 on: February 27, 2021, 11:27:28 AM »
I found a box of UMC 9mm Ball that I had, looked at the price tag, $7.99 for 50, date on tag is 7/14/99. Showed it to my wife and told her I could probably get $60.00 for it now. She asked why don't I sell it,Told her I couldn't replace it for that.Ah,The good old days of cheap ammo.
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #414 on: February 27, 2021, 01:06:17 PM »
I found a box of UMC 9mm Ball that I had, looked at the price tag, $7.99 for 50, date on tag is 7/14/99. Showed it to my wife and told her I could probably get $60.00 for it now. She asked why don't I sell it,Told her I couldn't replace it for that.Ah,The good old days of cheap ammo.

I remember  in the very early 2k. I could buy win white box in 45 for around 5.50/ 50 if I bought 1000 rounds.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Sponsor

« Reply #415 on: Today at 04:51:18 AM »

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #415 on: February 27, 2021, 01:42:32 PM »
I can't count the CCI Blazer Brass I have stockpiled in both 9 MM and .45 ACP from Wal-Mart. I would buy it 10 boxes at a time for $7.99 @ box, and $9.99 @ box. Now they're knocking each other over to pay $1.00 a round. The insanity continues.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #416 on: February 27, 2021, 02:14:55 PM »
I can't count the CCI Blazer Brass I have stockpiled in both 9 MM and .45 ACP from Wal-Mart. I would buy it 10 boxes at a time for $7.99 @ box, and $9.99 @ box. Now they're knocking each other over to pay $1.00 a round. The insanity continues.
my ammo stock pile has far exceed  my stocks in increased value lol

tombogan03884

« Reply #417 on: February 28, 2021, 08:32:53 AM »
my ammo stock pile has far exceed  my stocks in increased value lol

That NRA ad was right,
INVEST IN PRECIOUS METALS !
They just picked the wrong metals to consider "Precious",
 lead is doing FAR better than Gold or Silver.   ;D

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #418 on: February 28, 2021, 10:15:40 AM »
That NRA ad was right,
INVEST IN PRECIOUS METALS !
They just picked the wrong metals to consider "Precious",
 lead is doing FAR better than Gold or Silver.   ;D

My spiel is "Lead, silver and gold...the three precious metals. 

Absolutely correct.  At least until now.  Gold and silver went down a good bit Friday....gold had been trending down mostly the entire week.  If you have it now may be the time to by some silver or gold to counter the inflation (a little insurance maybe not an investment) coming our way.  I think the stock market tanks by end of summer and later this year I suspect inflation will begin to eat us up. 
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #419 on: February 28, 2021, 10:31:52 AM »
My spiel is "Lead, silver and gold...the three precious metals. 

Absolutely correct.  At least until now.  Gold and silver went down a good bit Friday....gold had been trending down mostly the entire week.  If you have it now may be the time to by some silver or gold to counter the inflation (a little insurance maybe not an investment) coming our way.  I think the stock market tanks by end of summer and later this year I suspect inflation will begin to eat us up.

The inflation scares me.  I can total see  a million  being worth what 100k is at the end of bidens  term.    While yes that would hurt, it will really not effect me as everything I have is paided off.  Its the people that have significantly less that I worry about. 

I have never  been a preper, but I do have 30 days worth of food on hand, a 72 hour kit a 2700 gallon water storege tank, 500 gal of diesel ( off road) and naturally  guns and ammo.   

I am not religious  by any means, and I know there have been lots of the sky is falling stuff.   But I do remember as a kid being told that the world trade centers would burn by air craft and the constitution  would hang by a thread in the later days. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk