Author Topic: Battle rifles (223 need not apply)  (Read 61605 times)

Badgersmilk

Re: Battle rifles (223 need not apply)
« Reply #140 on: March 11, 2009, 07:31:58 PM »
That sounds more like the stuff!  I bought that along with the other brands at Cabella's.  Tried three of four rounds of each with the same results every time.  The old surplus stuff shot the best group, but even that group looked like a blind person with Parkinsons shot it (I'm not THAT bad!).  I finishing up another project tonight (SKS), maybe I'll grit my teeth, spit and cuss a few times, and get the mauser back out tommarow for further inspection / cleaning.

Ugggghhhh... :(  At least its pretty.

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #141 on: March 11, 2009, 09:04:25 PM »
That sounds more like the stuff!  I bought that along with the other brands at Cabella's.  Tried three of four rounds of each with the same results every time.  The old surplus stuff shot the best group, but even that group looked like a blind person with Parkinsons shot it (I'm not THAT bad!).  I finishing up another project tonight (SKS), maybe I'll grit my teeth, spit and cuss a few times, and get the mauser back out tommarow for further inspection / cleaning.

Ugggghhhh... :(  At least its pretty.

Badger...

Re: your avatar,

Try to eat this one!

;)
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Timothy

« Reply #142 on: March 11, 2009, 09:09:09 PM »

;)

My Yorkie could take em, Haz.... :D

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #143 on: March 11, 2009, 09:14:45 PM »
SUUUURRE  ::)
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Badgersmilk

« Reply #144 on: March 11, 2009, 09:25:45 PM »
That kitty got no claws!  Get me a nice kiete and some fatha beans!!! 

Just got the mauser out and gave it a good look over.  A few noteable things with this gun:

VERY well balanced, pretty heavy for a carbine, NICE two stage trigger!, SUPER smooth, tight bolt, seems like somebody REALLY liked using stamps with a "1" on them!!!  EVERY freaking part has a "1" on it!  A few "BK"'s here and there, and a few "W"'s here and there.  I'm guessing all that doesnt represent a "Burger King Wopper meal"...

I'll tear her down tommarow for some SERIOUS chamber cleaning.  The chambers tough to inspect, but the bore is flawless to the naked eye.  None of the fired brass ever had any telling flaws once you could get it out of the chamber!  We'll see!

Sponsor

« Reply #145 on: Today at 01:20:26 AM »

Timothy

« Reply #145 on: March 11, 2009, 09:26:35 PM »
SUUUURRE  ::)

He's a REALLY tough Yorkie Haz!  He's hell on one of those Pound Puppies..... ;D

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #146 on: March 11, 2009, 09:29:38 PM »
Badger,

Check "stupid" stuff like how tight the screws holding it to the stocks are (many are either too loose or so tight they warp everything).  Just give her a good going over.

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #147 on: March 11, 2009, 09:31:35 PM »
He's a REALLY tough Yorkie Haz!  He's hell on one of those Pound Puppies..... ;D

I got a 13 pound Maine Coon that will give him hell!  :)

( actually if he's not a 'yappie' Yorkies are cool)

Timothy

« Reply #148 on: March 11, 2009, 09:37:04 PM »
I got a 13 pound Maine Coon that will give him hell!  :)

( actually if he's not a 'yappie' Yorkies are cool)

Yea, Maine Coon?  He's got chunks of Yorkies in his stool!!!!  13 pounds is a light one, ain't it?  I've heard they can go thirty pounds!

Yes, he's a good mutt, well behaved.  Barks when he needs too and stops when he's told to shut up.  Never more than two feet away from the wife......  Anything south of the Achiles tendon is fair game...

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #149 on: March 12, 2009, 08:07:23 AM »
Yep 13 pounds is little they are usually 18 to 25 lbs.  Someone had tossed him out, probably cause he was the runt.  He is my constant companion.  Follows me all over the house.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk