Author Topic: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?  (Read 188496 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1112
Re: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?
« Reply #1260 on: December 16, 2023, 04:27:53 PM »
Man, I love schnitzel. Plain schnitzel, jägerschnitzel, schnitzel sandwiches (schnitzelbrötchen) with a small squeeze of lemon, you name it.

I had an 8 ounce ranch steak with traditional German barrel sauerkraut and horseradish cheese, with Annas Swedish ginger thins (pepparkakor) for dessert. Annas crispy ginger thins, have been baked to the same recipe since 1929, and there's a reason they're Sweden’s most loved ginger thins. But, if you don't like the flavor of cinnamon, ginger, and cloves, they also make almond and orange flavors. The almond also have cinnamon in them but not ginger and cloves, and they're really good. I haven't had the orange flavor in too long to remember how good they are. Kühne was started as a a small vinegar distillery in Berlin 301 years ago by Johannn Daniel Epinius, and has been in the Kühne family for 261 years. They're the the best-selling red cabbage in Germany, and besides red cabbage, sell a lot of sauerkraut, pickles, vinegar and condiments, too. I want to try some of their sauces Made For Meat.

https://www.kuehne-international.com/sauerkraut/barrel-sauerkraut

https://www.annas.se/us-products
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #1261 on: December 16, 2023, 05:27:26 PM »
Yesterday was poppy seed chicken casserole.

Today was pulled pork barbecue, tater salad, and baked beans.....and pecan pie.  ;D

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1262 on: December 17, 2023, 08:02:22 PM »
I had a bag of Roasted Red Pepper Beef Jerky Chips. It's crunchy like a thick tortilla chip and a little bit hot, but not too spicy. It's nowhere near the heat level of volcanic jalapeno beef jerky which rates a 7 on their heat scale. It has chili pepper extract, red pepper, and black pepper, but still only rates a 1. Carolina Killa rates a 9 and I can't imagine what a 10 is like, but I won't touch this one. The volcanic jalapeno tastes good but it probably takes me 20 minutes to eat a piece. I'm not a chili head so I can't chow down on it.

https://wickedcutz.co/collections/jerky-chip

Now I'm eating Wiley Wallaby soft & chewy natural huckleberry flavored licorice. Made in USA, not Australia, but their Classic Black is like Australian licorice. This tastes a lot like grape to me. I've eaten lots of blueberries in my lifetime, but no huckleberries, unless that's what we were picking in Pennsylvania one time. They looked like blueberries but the shrubs they grew on were taller than I was. One of my uncles took us someplace and we picked "huckleberries" or whatever they were. I've been trying for years to figure out if they were serviceberries or something else I know nothing about.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1263 on: December 17, 2023, 08:12:00 PM »
What's hotter than a Ghost Pepper? A Trinidad Scorpion. What's hotter than a Trinidad Scorpion? A Carolina Reaper. What kind of peppers are in Carolina Killa Beef Jerky?

Carolina Reapers, Scorpions, and Ghost Peppers. They're all too hot to taste good. They just cause an intense burning sensation, so bad that people have died from eating them.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1264 on: December 18, 2023, 06:30:52 PM »
I had Sopressata salami made with sweet fennel and fresh garlic, horseradish cheese, sweet gherkins, and kosher dill pickle chips. I forgot about the raisins I accidentally made in the fridge, so I'm eating them now for dessert. Altogether that makes for a complete charcuterie board, or coochie board if you're an uneducated hood rat. 1. Meat, 2. Cheese, 3. Color + Crunch, 4. Acid, 5. Sweet. The only thing missing was maybe some crackers or bread to cleanse the palette when fnished.

I got tired of drinking water and have a glass of Q margarita mix, mixed with Zing Zang sweet & sour mix. Two mixers and no booze because I was too lazy to go to the store when I ran out. Last week I used the last of my dry tart cherries that were soaking in rum for months. The cherries soaked up so much alcohol they tasted like they were around 80 proof. There must be a lot of pectin n cherries, because there was quite a bit of gel in the jar. I just shook it up and mixed it with the Q ginger beer I had for a mixer at the time. That's a great mixer if you like using ginger beer or ginger ale in mixed drinks, which I do. That with Vernors is an excellent combination.

Sponsor

« Reply #1265 on: Today at 08:06:55 AM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1265 on: December 19, 2023, 07:06:34 PM »
Buttermilk pie. It was the best thing I ate today. It will probably be the est thing I eat tomorrow and the next day, too.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1266 on: December 20, 2023, 02:29:07 PM »
Chocolate chip walnut cookies, with big chocolate chips or chunks. I like it when the baker is generous with the chocolate. But they could use more walnuts.

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1267 on: December 21, 2023, 11:28:36 AM »
Cubed steak fried (American version of schnitzel?) with mashed taters and gravy and corn on the cob.
Pecan pie came after.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1268 on: December 21, 2023, 04:16:58 PM »
You eat way too much pecan pie, Peg, and I've come up with a plan to cut your consumption in half. I'll see you tomorrow at breakfast if I catch a good tailwind.  ;)

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1269 on: December 21, 2023, 05:56:45 PM »
You eat way too much pecan pie, Peg, and I've come up with a plan to cut your consumption in half. I'll see you tomorrow at breakfast if I catch a good tailwind.  ;)

Wife makes a good one....and seldom eats any.....fortunately it has a great shelf-life and I can whittle one down over a week.  ;D

She's baking cakes, so tonight I made a pizza run.
We have a convenience/gas/grocery store about two miles up the road (also the best meat market in the county) and they serve fresh Hunt Brothers pizza made to order. About as good as any pizza joint in town and still hot when I get home. Tonight was all the meats with onion, mushroom and peppers.
Eating a slice as I type this.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk