Author Topic: Springfield XD  (Read 10942 times)

James Raby

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Springfield XD
« on: January 04, 2008, 03:17:23 PM »
I just wanted the forum members to know that I bought a Springfield XD 4 inch 45 ACP for Christmas. I called their customer service department about the free XD gear that comes with the weapon especially the holster as I am lefthanded and I wanted to know if I could exchange it for a left hand one. In five days I received a left handed paddle holster with a "Merry Christmas" note. Fantistic customer service and gun. THANKS SPRINGFIELD! You have a customer for life. :)

Bill Stryker

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: Springfield XD
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 03:42:21 PM »
James,

Good buy! I just got back from the range were I spent some time with my XD .45  4 inch also. I really like the gun. I am planning on using it for league this year. I did not have it in time for league last year and only got to shoot one match with it. That turned out to be my best score for the year. Yes, I do like that gun.

The downside is finding a reload that works. Do any of you out there have any thing to recommend? I have talked to Springfield in person at Camp Perry and by email. They are a bit down on reloading, but they did tell me that the SWC loads that work well in my Colts and SIG 220 won't work. [As I found out. They stick in the magazine.] And that any problems caused by reloads would not be covered by the warranty.

Dougdubya

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2008, 11:03:51 PM »
I loved the XD9 I tried out.  Very nice looking too, since it comes from the factory in two-tone. 

45shootr

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 06:35:23 AM »
James,

Good buy! I just got back from the range were I spent some time with my XD .45  4 inch also. I really like the gun. I am planning on using it for league this year. I did not have it in time for league last year and only got to shoot one match with it. That turned out to be my best score for the year. Yes, I do like that gun.

The downside is finding a reload that works. Do any of you out there have any thing to recommend? I have talked to Springfield in person at Camp Perry and by email. They are a bit down on reloading, but they did tell me that the SWC loads that work well in my Colts and SIG 220 won't work. [As I found out. They stick in the magazine.] And that any problems caused by reloads would not be covered by the warranty.

Try using Rainier 200 grain rn with your choice of powder and primer. I haven't had a ftf in my XD since.

kilopaparomeo

• Top Forum Member
  • My own private purgatory...
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2008, 02:38:22 PM »
The downside is finding a reload that works

That's funny...I've never fed my 5" XD45 anything BUT reloads in over 1500 rounds and it has never choked...not even once.  Hardball and JHP.  In fact, my XD is my go to gun when I have something that chokes in the other 45s I own (lots of 1911s and SIGs).
NRA Endowment Life Member
SAF Life Member
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
Ultima Ratio Civis - "The last method of a citizen"

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 10:20:39 AM »

tnroadrunner

• Very Active Forum Member
    • LubeDealer.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2008, 07:15:52 AM »
I own two XD9's a 5" and a 4".  The four inch is my carry gun and also use it in IDPA.  The five inch I use for USPSA and three gun.  Love them both.
Bob
It's always a great day, if you don't believe me try missing one.
NRA, TFA, IDPA, 3 GUN
AMSOIL Dealer
www.lubedealer.com/rgraflube

Bidah

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2008, 04:21:56 PM »
If you are going to use reloads, the XD prefers round nose profiles.  You can get SWC's to work, you just have to play with them to get the right length.  They seem to be similar to CZ's in regards to the throat being a little short.  I shoot SWC reloads in my XD all the time, and surprise, it likes the same length as my CZ.. :)

-Bidah
“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”  The Doctor

tnroadrunner

• LubeDealer.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2008, 06:29:54 AM »
My stepson just bought an XD9 3inch yesterday at the gun show in Nashville.  I think he really got a good buy.
Bob
It's always a great day, if you don't believe me try missing one.
NRA, TFA, IDPA, 3 GUN
AMSOIL Dealer
www.lubedealer.com/rgraflube

Bill Stryker

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2008, 09:58:01 AM »
Thanks for the tips for reloading, 45shootr,kilopaparomeo, and Bidah.

Bidah,

What is the over all length you load the SWCs to? I'd still like to find an SWC load that I can use in all my .45s.

45shootr,

Thanks for the tip. I have asked my club to order the Rainier 200gr RN for me.

hodman

• I just need faster reloads with my wallet
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2008, 06:03:15 PM »
A few weeks ago I had the opportunity to try out an X D that Springfield had built for one of their professional shooters.  The trigger that they were able to put on this gun was every bit as good as most 1911’s.   I thought these were good guns even before Springfield started importing them I wish I had bought one when the retail with 329.00.
An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.
Robert A. Heinlein

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk