Author Topic: Magpul P-Mags  (Read 31143 times)

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
Re: Magpul P-Mags
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2013, 10:41:47 AM »
Do the ranger plates work well?  I wouldn't want them on my 20s for reasons stated earlier, but I may on my 30s.

Thanks for the extra pics. Yes, the Ranger Plates work very well. They are an overmolded process, similar to the method Hogue Stocks employ. It's a molded plastic plate, much like the standard plate. In fact it very well may be a standard plate mold they start out with. Then they are run through an overmolding process that creates the relatively soft, pliable "loop". They are very rugged.

From what I'm seeing in your photos the standard Ranger Plates would work, albeit you would have to install them backwards.  ???

fatbaldguy

• Top Forum Member
  • Friends, don't let friends, shop Wal-Mart
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
“It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.”

James Madison

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2013, 04:49:13 PM »
A note concerning my OP.... Otto Firearms is closed......... I tried last week to place an order and got a message that James was closing his business to enter into the US Navy.

He was a good guy to do business with and I wish him well in his service.

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2013, 06:28:08 PM »
A note concerning my OP.... Otto Firearms is closed......... I tried last week to place an order and got a message that James was closing his business to enter into the US Navy.

He was a good guy to do business with and I wish him well in his service.

Going out of business sale? I wish him well.

blackwolfe

• A Simple Man
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2013, 11:25:14 PM »
Founds this on the G3 20 round Pmags

More Information:

Modified internal and external geometry also permits operation with a wide range of non Colt-spec platforms such as the HK® 416 and MR556A1, M27 IAR, British SA-80, FN® SCAR™ MK 16/16S, and others. A redesigned bolt catch notch in the rear of the magazine provides increased bolt catch clearance, while an over-travel stop on the spine helps ensure the magazine will not over-insert on compatible weapons.

The PMAG 20 GEN M3 features a long-life USGI-spec stainless steel spring for commonality, four-way anti-tilt follower and constant-curve internal geometry for reliable feeding, and simple tool-less disassembly to ease cleaning. In addition, an included pop-off Impact/Dust Cover can optionally be used to minimize debris intrusion and protect against potential damage during storage and transit. Low profile ribs and new aggressive front and rear texture gives positive control of the GEN M3 in all environments, and a paint pen dot matrix has been added to the bottom panel of the body to allow easy marking by the end user for identification. The new, easy to disassemble flared floorplate aids extraction and handling of the magazine while providing improved drop protection, but is slightly slimmer than before for better compatibility with tight double and triple magazine pouches.

Made in U.S.A.

Features

Next-generation impact and crush resistant polymer construction
    Modified dimensions allow for wider compatibility with non Colt-spec platforms
    Constant-curve internal geometry for smooth feeding
    Anti-tilt, self-lubricating follower for increased reliability
    Long life USGI-spec stainless steel spring for parts commonality
    Over-travel insertion stop on the spine
    Ribbed gripping surface and new aggressive front and rear texture for positive magazine handling
    Paint pen dot matrix panels on the bottom of the body to allow for identification marking
    Flared floorplate aids magazine handling and disassembly yet is slim enough for use with many double and triple pouches
    Pop-off Impact/Dust Cover to minimize debris intrusion and for additional protection in storage and transit
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. "    Abraham Lincoln

Wolfe

Sponsor

« Reply #45 on: Today at 12:12:52 AM »

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2013, 10:04:03 AM »

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2013, 09:02:25 AM »
The sale is now over. Back up to $10.18 each. Still a good price.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2013, 09:50:01 AM »
Bump. They've lowered them to $9.89 each. They're available in Black, Flat Dark Earth, and O.D. Green.

http://www.manventureoutpost.com/products/Magpul-Industries-Mag-PMAG-223-Rem-556NATO-30Rd-Black-AR-Rifles-MAG571%252dBLK.html

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 567
IMPORTANT NOTE --- Re: Magpul P-Mags
« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2013, 07:27:03 AM »
I just found out in a class to avoid the colored mags, they tend to chip.  It is rare, but it does happen.  I had a malfunction and the instructor passed that on along with the observation that only black plastic mags are offered in the new gen mags now.  My mag was a tan mag...pretty embarrassing standing in a class line with your mag laying on the ground between your feet...

They chip where they engage the lock....not a good thing.  As they age it will only get worse.

So, all of my colored pmags I use only for training and plinking now.  I swapped them out of the bug-out bag.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2013, 03:42:23 PM »
Good to know.....thanks, Rastus.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk