Author Topic: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?  (Read 180813 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
Re: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?
« Reply #960 on: May 04, 2021, 04:12:20 PM »
Warning! This post is about spoiled food!
Read at your own discretion.

When my old fridge quit I had 2 dozen eggs to get rid of. They were already going bad before the fridge quit because I bought 5 dozen on sale, but after eating 3 dozen got tired of them. And the fridge was getting warmer and warmer before it finally quit. You know the old saying, "You've got to break a few eggs to make an omelet"? Well, not if they're so spoiled they break by themselves. Instead of flushing the eggs down the toilet, my version of a garbage disposal, I decided to cook them and put them out for the critters. I put some oil in the cold skillet and started cracking. When I put the first 3 eggs in the pan I had to quit. One was so badly liquefied it didn't even have a yolk, and one was so fragile I barely got it from the carton next to the pan over the pan before my fingers went through it. The smell was so bad I lit 5 3-wick jar candles and placed them around the kitchen and dining room, and it worked about as well as spraying cologne on a skunks @$$. Then I grabbed one of my COVID masks, went in the bathroom and got some Vick's VapoRub from the antique blue glass jar, smeared it on the mask and put it on. Much better! Supposedly it works when dissecting cadavers too, but I've never done that.

Then I went back in the kitchen and cracked the rest of the eggs into the pan which filled it nearly to the rim. I popped whatever yolks were still intact and stirred it up. Then I added all of the fast food salt and pepper packets from the cupboard and stirred that in too to try to hide the taste. I put the lid from an aluminum pot I used to have on it, and there were so many eggs the edge of lid was setting in it. Then I turned the stove on low and went upstairs to fold laundry or something. When I remembered to come down and see how it was doing, the eggs had fluffed up and lifted the lid right off the pan. They were very moist but looked like they were cooked. I started chopping it up with the spatula and was getting ready to scoop it out when I had an idea. I ran the spatula all the way around the pan and it wasn't stuck anywhere, so I turned it out onto a piece of cardboard. One piece shaped like Florida minus the panhandle stuck to the pan, but may not have if I didn't chop it all up first.

So I took this 10" diameter 24 egg omelet outside for the critters. It had some pieces of shell in it that you can see, but almost looked good enough to eat. And something did gnaw away at it every day. Probably just the stupid cats that think they live here. I thought if they eat here, maybe they'll go somewhere else to poop. My dad did that with a dog that was pooping in his yard all the time and it worked great. It seemed to work well with the cats too. If they got sick, went away and never came back, that would have been even better. They wouldn't be on my porch howling anymore, or peeing on everything within range. Anyway, after a few days when it was really cold outside, the half an omelet that was left was frozen so I put on a pair of gloves and broke it into chunks. It got eaten up within a couple of days after that. And that's the story of the 24 (spoiled) egg omelet. I regret reducing the pictures so much, and that's all I have.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #961 on: May 05, 2021, 02:01:20 PM »
Homemade pizza using a two-ingredient crust recipe I found on youtube.

Crust is made with self-rising flour and plain Greek yogurt.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

sammy00

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #962 on: May 06, 2021, 05:15:19 AM »
It’s a pizza. I think God personally created it. I’m always ready to eat it on breakfast, lunch and dinner. My ideal pizza is: a thin base for pizza made according to an Italian dough recipe; garlic cream sauce; thin slices of ham, tomato, mozzarella, pesto sauce, and arugula on top. I really like this version of pizza, or similar. The main thing is to have a thin dough and cream sauce. Then it's perfect for me. Because I was describing my perfect pizza, I already wanted to eat.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #963 on: June 13, 2021, 12:08:15 AM »
Toasted Brown Sugar Cinnamon Pop-Tarts, frosted side down, topped with ripe bananas. I'm glad I came up with this combination. They were good. Too bad I was down to my last 2 bananas.

My hand isn't red but the green of screensaver makes it look like it is. By the way, that's the free version of the Kaleider Screensaver from Whizical, playing one of the Weird Al, No Strings Attached concert tour posters. You can load whatever pictures you want in a folder on your computer and have it make constantly changing kaleidoscopes of them. I have those 64 posters in one folder. If I get tired of it I can put totally different pics in another folder and switch folders. It's the only screensaver I've found that I like and isn't too graphics intensive for my lame laptop.

https://www.whizical.com/
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #964 on: June 15, 2021, 06:58:22 PM »
Polska kielbasa with horseradish sauce, sauerkraut pierogi with a dollop of Daisy on each one, because I really like sour cream, and 6 different flavors of macarons* for dessert.

* Macarons with 1 "O", not macaroons with 2 "O"s. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macaron

I was out of real horseradish and wanted something other than Dijon style mustard, so I had to settle for horseradish sauce. It's okay but it takes a lot of it to have much horseradish flavor. I like real horseradish for just a couple of things, and when you open a jar and take a good whiff it should clear out your sinuses. Or as one of my uncles said, you know it's good if it makes the top of your head itch when you smell it. :o That's some strong stuff! I'm just glad I don't have to grind it and make it at home like my mom's family did when she was a kid. :'(

Sponsor

« Reply #965 on: Today at 12:24:28 AM »

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #965 on: June 16, 2021, 08:10:58 PM »
Roast with taters and carrots, rice, fried squash slices (from the garden).
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

tombogan03884

« Reply #966 on: June 16, 2021, 09:18:45 PM »
A hash brown patty with melted cheddar.
Sounds like shit, but it was tasty, so I had 2.   ;D
edited to add,
And Texas Pete !   ;D

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #967 on: June 17, 2021, 04:21:21 AM »
A hash brown patty with melted cheddar.
Sounds like shit, but it was tasty, so I had 2.   ;D
edited to add,
And Texas Pete !   ;D

Hash browns and cheddar....a favorite of mine.  When I feel really industrious I'll chop up some onion and drop them in the last 1/2 of the cooking cycle.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #968 on: July 09, 2021, 11:44:41 PM »
Made meat loaf and garlic parm mashed for 20 people tonight.

With veggies, crustini, salad and ice-cream for dessert.  Spent just under $80.  Thats not bad at all.

For the record 6 lbs of ground chuck a full container of bread crums, 6 pounds of potatoes  and 7 oz of parm... 2 heads of garlic
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #969 on: July 26, 2021, 06:15:25 PM »
Homemade scratch pizza.... it has become a favorite.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk