Author Topic: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?  (Read 184849 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 872
Re: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?
« Reply #600 on: July 03, 2019, 04:44:26 PM »
Getting ready for a big party tonight.  You may think you know how to celebrate Independence day, and Pres. DJT may think he knows how to put one on, but until you have celebrated freedom with immigrants you don't know how it is done.

I will let you know what I consume later, but I'm sure there will be tacos with excellent meat as a starter.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1085
« Reply #601 on: July 03, 2019, 09:55:11 PM »
If there are going to be tostadas, I should be there with you. I love tostadas. Something about folding tortillas to make them into tacos ruins the flavor.  ;)  I think I'm going to a little cookout with a few friends since I'm home instead of away riding my ATV.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #602 on: July 04, 2019, 06:56:59 AM »
It was full taco night!  Steak, pork and barbacoa!  Demetrio made his babacoa with cheek meat and chuck roll.  I have never had bad barbacoa, but it is always dangerous to ask what is in it - A lot like hot dogs.

Several salsas; chips of all types - From plain Doritos to homemade from homemade tortillas; several salads; homemade sweets and deserts; special treats from one gal who has a bakery; and C2H5OH in every type bottle and temperature range imaginable.

Between the the two households there were well over 300 friends, and just after sunset there was a 40 minute fireworks show with music that puts many communities to shame.

And NO, Colin Kaepernick was not invited and did not crash the event.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #603 on: July 04, 2019, 07:19:05 PM »
We splurged for a couple of 1.5" thick ribeyes to throw on the grill. I also baked potatoes and corn on the cob in two of my Dutch ovens.
It was all melt-in-ya-mouth good.

While we were eating my wife said it was hard to believe but we haven't grilled steaks since last July during a three day trip to St. George Island, FL. Well, time flies....and the last twelve months were hectic.

I'd post a pic, but still can't upload from a hard-drive.

Later I'll have a slice of 12-layer cake.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #604 on: July 05, 2019, 11:12:29 AM »
Trivia Question:

Who had this: 
I just had some 57% pure honey gingerbread from Dijon, France. The other 43% is almost all rye flour with enough water to mix it together.

;D ;D ;D ;D
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Sponsor

« Reply #605 on: Today at 02:15:54 PM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1085
« Reply #605 on: July 05, 2019, 11:10:16 PM »
Trivia Question:

Who had this: 
I just had some 57% pure honey gingerbread from Dijon, France. The other 43% is almost all rye flour with enough water to mix it together.

;D ;D ;D ;D

I have and I thought it was great. I ate the whole thing by myself. It lasted 2 days IIRC. I thought I posted about it here, but it doesn't look like it. L'abeille Diligente PAIN D'EPICES 57% pur mel. Pure honey gingerbread, with no ginger AFAIK. I got mine from europeandeli.com but they don't have it anymore. A site called mypanier.com and a few other places have it. The company that makes it, APIDIS (Apiculture Production Innovation Distribution) has been in the beekeeping (apiculture) business for over 120 years.

http://www.apidis.mobi/?lang=en#_

https://www.mypanier.com/collections/all/products/abeille-diligente-pure-honey-gingerbread-12-pc-300g
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 573
« Reply #606 on: July 06, 2019, 07:24:20 AM »
I had no idea that there was gingerbread with over 50% honey.  Heck, I didn't even know there was honey in gingerbread. 

However....I am going to make another foray into beekeeping soon and I'll try making some when I collect my first honey.  It sounds great.

We had some hotdogs on the 4th cooked over some white oak coals from trees cut on the place in a firepit we made out of flat sandstone rocks we plucked out of the creek down the hill....
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #607 on: July 06, 2019, 09:50:02 AM »
I have and I thought it was great. I ate the whole thing by myself. It lasted 2 days IIRC. I thought I posted about it here, but it doesn't look like it. L'abeille Diligente PAIN D'EPICES 57% pur mel. Pure honey gingerbread, with no ginger AFAIK. I got mine from europeandeli.com but they don't have it anymore. A site called mypanier.com and a few other places have it. The company that makes it, APIDIS (Apiculture Production Innovation Distribution) has been in the beekeeping (apiculture) business for over 120 years.

http://www.apidis.mobi/?lang=en#_

https://www.mypanier.com/collections/all/products/abeille-diligente-pure-honey-gingerbread-12-pc-300g

You did post it here ...  The first post of this thread...
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #608 on: July 06, 2019, 10:48:43 AM »
Bacon & biscuits.    :) :) :) :) :)
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #609 on: July 06, 2019, 04:28:52 PM »
Bacon & biscuits.    :) :) :) :) :)
+ sausage gravy and eggs

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk