Author Topic: Binary trigger  (Read 5485 times)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
Re: Binary trigger
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2020, 07:50:44 AM »
Mini 30,
What the M 14 could have been if US Ordinance weren't run by Camp Perry Peckerheads.   ;D

A friend of mine has original Ruger drawings for their submission.  He displays them every now and then at the Tulsa Wannemacher gun show.  He also used to get serial #11 of everything they made....
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

tombogan03884

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2020, 08:40:59 AM »
Collecting a serial number seems to be a thing.
Doesn't matter to them what the thing is as long as it has the proper SN.
Bill Ruger himself was just a beginner back then. 
I'll just design a new gun, how hard can THAT be ?    ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HV9ihHMM4NA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgzTjX1alpM

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2020, 09:26:12 AM »
Not exactly...#11 was reserved for John if he wanted it.  He wrote several books about Ruger and knew the old man because of that.  That's also why he was able to end up with drawings and other Ruger memorabilia. 
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

tombogan03884

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2020, 08:05:26 PM »
Speaking of books .
I was asking around last summer and apparently S&W has tied up all the documentation on Thompson Center so no one can write a history of it till they release the papers.

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1403
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2020, 07:33:19 AM »
The triggers are a blast. You just have to train enough to expect the discharge when you release the trigger. When you pull the trigger you get a discharge, release the trigger get another shot. At first the discharge when releasing catches you off guard and "feels" funny but after a short time it is just FUN.
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 05:34:43 AM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1036
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2020, 01:44:46 AM »
Paul Mauser considered it the best cartridge he ever designed .

With a good bullet the 7×57mm Mauser is an excellent deer hunting round from everything I've read, but SAMMI set a relatively low pressure limit on it. The 7mm-08 Remington is and more powerful, less powerful, or equal depending on where you get your information, and that always seemed like a close to ideal deer hunting cartridge for most places. One guy at work used to set up on the side of a road in the woods and look both ways. If a deer crossed the road anywhere within sight he was ready to reach out and touch it with his 7mm Remington Magnum. Most people use something much less powerful and he was the one exception I knew of that used something more powerful than a .30-06 rifle.

The binary trigger reminds me of some target shooting shotguns I read about with release triggers if that's the correct term. Nothing happened when you squeezed the trigger and called for your bird, but when you let go it fired. The binary trigger combines that with a regular trigger action.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2020, 02:30:07 AM »
A lot of U.S. soldiers were impressed with the 7mm since they faced the Mauser 1893 during the Spanish–American War.
  the 7 mauser is a very nice round, it only has 1 very big glaring flaw.   It is just over the  max lenght of 2.8" to fit in a short action. Its 3.071.  So it has to go in a long action.   Where it gives up lots of power compared to most long action chamberings.   

Why care a ~4 oz heavier rifle then you have too?   While no big deal hunting from a stand, but if your on a mountain hunt or spot and stalk.   That 4 oz will add up when its 10 miles back to the truck.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1036
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2020, 02:46:48 AM »
  the 7 mauser is a very nice round, it only has 1 very big glaring flaw.   It is just over the  max lenght of 2.8" to fit in a short action. Its 3.071.  So it has to go in a long action.   Where it gives up lots of power compared to most long action chamberings.   

Why care a ~4 oz heavier rifle then you have too?   While no big deal hunting from a stand, but if your on a mountain hunt or spot and stalk.   That 4 oz will add up when its 10 miles back to the truck.

I think that's why the 7mm-08 was created. The .284 Winchester was a flop but it's supposed to be making a comeback. If I was going to get a long action 7mm it I think it would be a .280 Remington. I don't know what's so special about the 0.007" smaller .270 Winchester that makes it so great. I see .280 Rem. Ackley Improved factory ammo for sale now too which really surprises me.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

tombogan03884

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2020, 08:42:54 AM »
It's all about how the weight is distributed.
That's why the 7.62 CETME  could be light, with minimal recoil, yet still provide 1000 yard accuracy.
But it's got about 3 different metals to provide proper weights and balance.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2020, 12:59:23 PM »
The 7-08  and 7 m are basicly the same as far as ballistics are concerned.  The 7-08 does have about 14k more pressure.   So in the same gun it would have more felt "recoil"  rather it is hard to say if its more push back, more blast or both.  Its not something that will ever be tested as no one in thier right mind would ever chamber a 7-08 in a long action and you can't just re barrel a mauser  to 7-08.   It would be a very intresting test, but not something that is worth the money or the effort to find out.   Its not just putting a new barrel on the gun, the bolt has to be changed as well. 
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk