Author Topic: Smoke'em if ya got'em...ammo availability  (Read 128859 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 452
Re: Smoke'em if ya got'em...ammo availability
« Reply #420 on: February 28, 2021, 12:52:38 PM »
Looking around today, online.  Ammo is there but expensive.  That's a good sign.  I even found some Amer Eagle 9mm 147gr, but I'm not paying $1/ea.  But it's there. 
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

tombogan03884

« Reply #421 on: February 28, 2021, 02:54:19 PM »
The inflation scares me.  I can total see  a million  being worth what 100k is at the end of bidens  term.    While yes that would hurt, it will really not effect me as everything I have is paided off.  Its the people that have significantly less that I worry about. 

I have never  been a preper, but I do have 30 days worth of food on hand, a 72 hour kit a 2700 gallon water storege tank, 500 gal of diesel ( off road) and naturally  guns and ammo.   

I am not religious  by any means, and I know there have been lots of the sky is falling stuff.   But I do remember as a kid being told that the world trade centers would burn by air craft and the constitution  would hang by a thread in the later days.

The people who made out best during the Wiemar Republic were people who had things like Home loans .
3,000,000 Marks might not have bought a loaf of bread, but it sure knocked hell out of a 25,000 M home loan.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 567
« Reply #422 on: February 28, 2021, 07:08:10 PM »
The people who made out best during the Wiemar Republic were people who had things like Home loans .
3,000,000 Marks might not have bought a loaf of bread, but it sure knocked hell out of a 25,000 M home loan.

Exactly.  Unless you have an adjustable rate mortgage....
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #423 on: March 01, 2021, 03:50:20 AM »
Inflation is a borrowers best friend. The bigger the loan, the better. The theory is you're paying it back with inflated money. Depending on the inflation rate, a home mortgage can make up the interest being paid over the life of the loan. It all depends if the interest rate on the loan itself is low enough, and the inflation rate, along with the appreciation on the home itself, is high enough.

The problem with home mortgages today, is a LOT of areas are set to crash price wise. Places like California, Oregon, and Washington state have very high real estate prices. Along with equally high taxes, (both property, sales, and gas), to support their nanny states. But the jobs are drying up, and people and companies leaving left and right. Sooner or later the bottom has to fall out.

Especially in places like Southern California. Where real estate prices are in the stratosphere. That bubble is ready to burst. Then look out, because it could easily start a chain reaction in places like Illinois and New York. Both are maxed out price wise, and they're underfunded $h!t holes that can't pay their bills.   

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #424 on: March 01, 2021, 08:08:59 AM »
re:paying off your mortgage (actually her taxes, sorry).... unless you have a prick demanding that the bill be paid in person...didn't work so well for Martha Custis Lee... her husband, Robert, was out of town for work, she was justifiably worried about her safety, so a servant was sent with the money, but it was not accepted... unable to pay the taxes on their Virginia estate it was defaulted to the US government...to add to the insult then they buried Yankees in her rose garden...

modified... taxes not mortgage

Sponsor

« Reply #425 on: Today at 09:26:14 AM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #425 on: March 01, 2021, 08:19:34 AM »
Exactly.  Unless you have an adjustable rate mortgage....

Fixed rate is a better choice because you can Refi if rates go down.
Ex-MIL did that, as well as bank shopping and got her interest reduced by about a  1/3.

re:paying off your mortgage.... unless you have a prick demanding that the bill be paid in person...didn't work so well for Martha Custis Lee... her husband, Robert, was out of town for work, she was justifiably worried about her safety, so a servant was sent with the money, but it was not accepted... unable to pay the mortgage on their Virginia estate it was defaulted to the US government...to add to the insult then they buried Yankees in her rose garden...

The fact that her husbands "work" involved kicking hell out of the Army he refused to command might have had a BIT to do with that refusal.   ;D

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #426 on: March 01, 2021, 08:38:34 AM »
always a good trivia question... what was the name of the Custis-Lee mansion?

I always thought it humorous that Union tombstones had rounded tops, while Confederate tombstones were pointed to keep the Yankees from sitting on them

tombogan03884

« Reply #427 on: March 01, 2021, 05:02:32 PM »
always a good trivia question... what was the name of the Custis-Lee mansion?

I always thought it humorous that Union tombstones had rounded tops, while Confederate tombstones were pointed to keep the Yankees from sitting on them

Arlington ?   ;D

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #428 on: March 02, 2021, 08:02:03 AM »
Yes... and I can without reservation state that Rastus is winning  :)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 567
« Reply #429 on: March 02, 2021, 10:06:47 AM »
I don't know what I'm winning but I'm old now and have my house paid for so I don't have need of a mortgage.  On this level....if you have the stuff you need it's best to be paid for, if you can't pay off or need to buy something because you are starting out then get a fixed rate mortgage (and dump the credit cards as quick as you can...borrow enough to zero them out if you have the discipline to not run them up again).

I'm thinking the market is going to have a correction soon...not a huge dump this time...but maybe.  I am concerned a really bad and long lasting market downturn comes some time after late June earliest but most likely after mid-September...when these idiots in business who attacked Trump and supported the communist realize what they've done. If you have gold and silver it could be a way to retain value like insurance. 

I've started selling off some stocks that don't produce income...it may be a couple of weeks or so early but again, I'm old and not working so...I like what I have and I'm selling 90% of each one that is up and not producing income.  What I'm not selling off right now are food and utility stocks.  I'm also not selling off pipeline stocks because they have dividends near 10%.  This is for what may be the first correction to hopefully gain a little from the drop and a buyback.  The big drop, if it happens, is probably in the intermediate future. 

The only thing most congressmen and senators are worried about is lining their own pockets ( mostly lawyers, right! ).  Expect when the next market correction comes that the news media begins preparing the ground in earnest (they have already started) that we need China's trade to fix our economy.  The idiots who put this Bozo party in will buy it.  Biden will cave and go back to the trough but he will be covered by the news media because it had to be done.  So then Wall Street will proclaim we have saved the republic financially and the market climbs again.  All the while the Pelosi's and Schumer's and their congressional minions will stuff their pockets again from the special interests who benefit.  It's after that the real drop comes....that's the one I think is most likely after mid-September. 

The stock market is doing well right now.  It's based on the Trump economy.  When the effects of the new regulations and taxes begin to dawn on the business bozos who pushed Biden and they begin to understand there are no grownups capable of running things the market will tank...that follows what we will already know, the fall of the economy the rest of us rely on.

This is not advice.  This is just my commentary which may not be worth 2 zinc pennies.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk