Author Topic: Every Day Carry Knife - what do you carry  (Read 48814 times)

sledgemeister

• Top Forum Member
  • Democrat Sheeples
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Every Day Carry Knife - what do you carry
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2011, 07:27:23 AM »
yes that was the one :(

I need one like that

Buy this one!
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Boker-Magnum-Kalashnikov-Folder-Knife-01KALS74-/200565965000?pt=AU_KnivesSwords&hash=item2eb2a9c0c8

I have the springs to change to auto, get it sent to me I will install and send over!
I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters. - Solomon Short

CJS3

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2011, 09:52:36 PM »
 ;)
Children, pets, and slaves are taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

Timothy

« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2011, 05:28:14 PM »
Took TABs suggestion and picked up another blade.

Kershaw, Ken Onion Leek with a composite blade.  Razor sharp..much better feel and a pretty quick handling knife.  Considerably cheaper than the $110 price too.  Only 52 bucks...

sledgemeister

• Top Forum Member
  • Democrat Sheeples
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2011, 08:18:27 PM »
Sweet looking blade Timothy!

I been carrying a Kershaw halfton folder of late, its a cheap no frills knife no complaints really although it is a little small in the hands but it does what ever job I need.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters. - Solomon Short

Timothy

« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2011, 08:41:41 PM »
This, or my Scallion are my daily pocket knives.  They don't scare the shit out of people I work with because they're not evil looking.  I'm looking at the Blur for my next buy for more adventurous days.

I always have a Gerber multi-tool nearby as well.  I have two, one in the car and another in my tool bag or tackle box depending on what I'm up to.  Heck, one is nearly twenty years old now.  It's gotten back quite a few expensive fishing lures from the toothy grins of our northern pike and pickerel.

Sponsor

« Reply #35 on: Today at 02:44:51 AM »

sledgemeister

• Top Forum Member
  • Democrat Sheeples
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2011, 09:19:43 PM »
hallelujah so I am not the only one that carry's a knife in the car! I usually carry two, one in the back in with my general carry items, tools, rope, sleeping bag etc and one down sitting in the drivers door panel next to my wolf eyes torch (one has to be prepared)
That knife is one of these:

It has a seatbelt cutting tool and a glass breaker, its a just in case knife. The only thing I really dont like about it apart from the bloke I brought it off is the pin holding the blade it requires a special tool if ever the time comes to tighten it. Apart from that it is suitable for the purpose designed.

tombogan03884

« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2011, 09:42:18 PM »
Personally I hate serrated, or half serrated blades. They seem to always snag and rip things I want to slice cleanly.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2011, 10:14:04 PM »
hallelujah so I am not the only one that carry's a knife in the car! I usually carry two, one in the back in with my general carry items, tools, rope, sleeping bag etc and one down sitting in the drivers door panel next to my wolf eyes torch (one has to be prepared)
That knife is one of these:

It has a seatbelt cutting tool and a glass breaker, its a just in case knife. The only thing I really dont like about it apart from the bloke I brought it off is the pin holding the blade it requires a special tool if ever the time comes to tighten it. Apart from that it is suitable for the purpose designed.
Can you post the specs on that one sledge? As a guy living in the land of roadside canals and having electric windows, the seat belt cutter and window breaker make this a must look at item.
Thanks.
FQ13

sledgemeister

• Top Forum Member
  • Democrat Sheeples
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2011, 10:23:11 PM »
Can you post the specs on that one sledge? As a guy living in the land of roadside canals and having electric windows, the seat belt cutter and window breaker make this a must look at item.
Thanks.
FQ13

Sure Can
http://www.groundzeroknives.ru/
GZ Defender:
Defender – This particular model was especially designed for use by the Russian Special Ops. Police and parramilitary personnel. The knife’s low profile yet very heavy-duty design is aimed at military personnel who require a tough multipurpose tool, which is light and practical. The Defender also features a handy nylon cutting blade on the back of the handle which is a must-have tool for police, military, rescue personnel and others who are involved in motor sports. The glass breaker on the pommel of the knife is just as handy tool that can save lives in emergency situations.

The knife features liner lock system, which is considered one of the best solutions for fixing the edge in place. The linear lock keeps the blade in lock position even during very hard use.The blade features easy-open pins on both sides of the blade, making the knife universal for both left and right hand users.
Steel used in GZ knives is very similar in its chemical structure to the Kizlyar Z60 high carbon rust resistant steel. The GZ blades contain a minimum of 0.6% carbon and are heat treated and Rockwell tested to around 57HRC. Meaning that the blades will hold a good edge under stress, but most important of all they can be maintained and resharpened with ease and quickly. The blades are sharpened at an bevel angle of 35 degrees, which is the best working angle for medium to heavy duty work and is still relatively easy to touch up and maintain.

Total Length

197мм
Blade length

82мм
Handle length

115мм
Blade thickness

3мм
Blade hight

26мм
Handle thickness

12мм
Weight

115 gr
Hardness

56-58 HRC

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2011, 10:40:24 PM »

Took TABs suggestion and picked up another blade.

Kershaw, Ken Onion Leek with a composite blade.  Razor sharp..much better feel and a pretty quick handling knife.  Considerably cheaper than the $110 price too.  Only 52 bucks...

never seen the compositeblade... you will have to let me know how itholds a edge.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk