Author Topic: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?  (Read 180613 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
Re: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?
« Reply #630 on: December 14, 2019, 10:57:28 PM »
Homemade bread?  Dang, yer' killin' me dude....with butter. 

That's the best.

I have several weaknesses when it comes to food, and two revolve around homemade bread.  One is fresh out of the oven with butter and a tall glass of cold milk.  The other is buttered and smothered with milk gravy made from fried hamburger drippings.  Growing up with the influence of old Danes and Norskies has led to a very good life.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Timothy

« Reply #631 on: December 18, 2019, 11:32:37 AM »
Hearty pot roast with sweet onion, carrots and baby red and Yukon taters!

20 minutes of effort, a good Dutch oven and viola!

Damn good vittles!

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #632 on: December 18, 2019, 11:50:09 AM »
Does a McDonald's Egg McMuffin with sausage, a hash brown and a large black coffee count? =)
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Timothy

« Reply #633 on: December 18, 2019, 02:44:38 PM »
Does a McDonald's Egg McMuffin with sausage, a hash brown and a large black coffee count? =)

We have a saying in my house;

"If it'll develop a turd, it'll do!"

;)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1036
« Reply #634 on: December 19, 2019, 06:18:44 PM »
 ;D  I never heard that one before. The sausage egg McMuffin is the only thing I've found so far at McDonald's that I like.

I'm warming up some leftover Carolina mustard BBQ pulled pork in the microwave. I'll have it on toast, with a side of Cheez-It Snap'd Jalapeno Jack flavor, Famous Dave's signature spicy pickle spears, and a chunk of extra sharp Vermont white cheddar. Just like yesterday when I used the other half-pound of pork for a sandwich.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Sponsor

« Reply #635 on: Today at 03:46:56 AM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1036
« Reply #635 on: December 19, 2019, 06:51:31 PM »
Don't be surprised if my answer here soon is tacos. I just found out today that the city's first brewery, Tenacity Brewing, only is 2 miles away, and it's now the permanent home of the city's first food truck, Vehicle City Tacos. It sucks for people looking for the taco truck downtown but it's good news for me. The brewery has 15 taps sticking out of the wall and there's something different in every picture I've seen so far. They sell flights of 6 4-ounce glasses of beer to sample and will fill a half-gallon growler for you to go too. It's in the area known as Carriage Town where they used to build, you guessed it, carriages, before they started building horseless carriages here.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/tenacity-brewing-flint
https://www.yelp.com/biz/vehicle-city-tacos-flint

The brewery is using hops from a hop farm 20 miles away called Top Hops Farm that sells to breweries in 25 states. I read that hops can grow up to 18 feet high in 40 days. If they grew any faster you could watch it happen. ;)

http://tophopsfarm.com/

The place I used to get tacos from is only a mile away, so I'll have to drive twice as far to get to the taco truck - a whole 5 minutes from my house. It looks like my old taco destination was a Marathon gas station sometime in the past. That seems appropriate considering how much gas their food produces. You know you're in a real Mexican place when there's a portrait of Selena on the wall behind the counter. And if this isn't a remnant of a Marathon sign I don't know what it is.

https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/la-azteca-taco-house-flint?select=dp_qFMNqisw8_uEsxRpYtA
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #636 on: December 28, 2019, 03:37:04 PM »
Last night i was making some elk burgers( ~60% elk 30% beef and 10% porl fat)   anyways i had some left over ham fat sitting on the cutting board.( was slicing left overs to freeze)  i put it in a cast iron skillet with some olive oil and put it in the oven to render.  I then oven fried stake frys in it.   So good. 
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #637 on: December 28, 2019, 05:10:36 PM »
Talenti Sicilian Pistachio Gelato
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
« Reply #638 on: December 28, 2019, 08:35:10 PM »
Just finished our Saturday night tradition - Homemade pizza.  Forty years and we haven't missed many.

Tomorrow will be a nice stew or soup.  For Christmas Eve we were over at the kids for the new tradition - Tamales, frijoles, a couple of salads, chips and salsa (both homemade), rice and beans, choice fillets, and some really good wine.  I have over two pounds of trimmings from the tenderloin that will go into the pot.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Timothy

« Reply #639 on: December 29, 2019, 01:02:01 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk