Author Topic: Every Day Carry Knife - what do you carry  (Read 48689 times)

mkm

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Every Day Carry Knife - what do you carry
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2011, 09:11:26 PM »
I carry too much.  I've carried a Gerber E-Z Out like Peg's for many years, and it has served me well.  I thought about retiring it last fall and bought a plain edged Spyderco Endura.  I really like it, but it was a little bigger than I expected.  I decided to carry it as my "just in case" knife and still carry my Gerber for the dirty work.  I've also had a Kershaw chive for several years that I carried when I needed something smaller; now, it rides in my left pocket and gets used for "civilized" tasks.  I also have a Leatherman micra that was given to me a few years ago.  Along with other pocket items, my pockets are full.  When finances allow, I plan to get a Delica and actually retire the Gerber.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2011, 09:13:52 PM »
I carry too much.  I've carried a Gerber E-Z Out like Peg's for many years, and it has served me well.  I thought about retiring it last fall and bought a plain edged Spyderco Endura.  I really like it, but it was a little bigger than I expected.  I decided to carry it as my "just in case" knife and still carry my Gerber for the dirty work.  I've also had a Kershaw chive for several years that I carried when I needed something smaller; now, it rides in my left pocket and gets used for "civilized" tasks.  I also have a Leatherman micra that was given to me a few years ago.  Along with other pocket items, my pockets are full.  When finances allow, I plan to get a Delica and actually retire the Gerber.
Haunt Ebay. You can find sundry benchmade and Sydercos for around $50ish if you're patient.
FQ13

tombogan03884

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2011, 09:16:47 PM »
Kershaw "Speedsaf"

mkm

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2011, 09:20:53 PM »
Haunt Ebay. You can find sundry benchmade and Sydercos for around $50ish if you're patient.
FQ13

Thanks for the advice, and I've actually checked out the KYsurplus store on ebay you've posted before.  But I can actually get a new Delica from Botach Tactical for $52.60. 

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2011, 09:27:30 PM »
Thanks for the advice, and I've actually checked out the KYsurplus store on ebay you've posted before.  But I can actually get a new Delica from Botach Tactical for $52.60. 
Sweet deal. Do you have a url?
FQ13

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 11:38:06 PM »

mkm

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2011, 09:29:46 PM »
http://www.botachtactical.com/spydercodelica.html

Enduras are a couple dollars more.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2011, 09:33:19 PM »
http://www.botachtactical.com/spydercodelica.html

Enduras are a couple dollars more.
Thanks. At that price I might need a backup.
FQ13

philw

• Top Forum Member
  • Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2011, 06:42:13 AM »
Sledge 

you are still a  Prick  and had to show off that knife  you know I want one ( very hard to get here in Aust those ones due to laws grr )

as Rob said there are places we can carry with not much of an issue an others that are no no's

my self I have a Swis Army on my key ring ( next to the coopers bottle opener ;) )

also most of the time have a S&W  home land security ( the black on in the other thread I posted )   both are my "Box opener's " for work
 8)
Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. The only thing you can’t do is ignore them

sledgemeister

• Top Forum Member
  • Democrat Sheeples
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2011, 07:01:09 AM »
Sledge 

you are still a  Prick  and had to show off that knife  you know I want one ( very hard to get here in Aust those ones due to laws grr )

as Rob said there are places we can carry with not much of an issue an others that are no no's

my self I have a Swis Army on my key ring ( next to the coopers bottle opener ;) )

also most of the time have a S&W  home land security ( the black on in the other thread I posted )   both are my "Box opener's " for work
 8)

Your thinking of the one I had at Wodonga?
Nah thats another beastie LOL still an auto and looks similar.
That was one of these:
The knife is 4 1/4 inches long, 1 3/8 inches wide and 5/8 inch thick ( 13/16" including pocket clip) closed. It has a 3 1/4" x 1" blade of AUS8 stainless steel, flat ground, with smooth gray bead blasted finish.

I will leave it to you in my will  :P
I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters. - Solomon Short

philw

• Top Forum Member
  • Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2011, 07:19:48 AM »
yes that was the one :(

I need one like that
Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. The only thing you can’t do is ignore them

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk